Comrade Patty Cosgrove - Irish Hero

With respect - go shit in your hat ffs…you’ve latched onto anything you could there.

The point is to choose a comparator. If you would treat them differently or react differently then it suggests you’re not treating the two people equally.

I don’t think you would respond the same if paddy made that jibe at McEntee, that’s my point.

What has the stable relationship got to do with it? Isn’t Varadkar in a stable relationship? Should that change how you would respond? (Hint, no)

That’s seems to me a different response altogether to what you said earlier.

What “ball” is there to play? Cosgrave decided to aim a homophobic dog whistle at Varadkar. The issue is Cosgrave’s homophobia.

Anybody who has seen what Cosgrave posts on Twitter knows he lost the right to be taken in any way seriously a long time ago. He’s a self-obsessed gobshite with nothing to say, who is desperate to keep himself relevant by saying any oul’ hateful shite.

The people Cosgrave’s posts are aimed at know exactly what they mean. Then he claims plausible deniability. Then useful idiots who don’t support him jump to his defence, not having a clue what they’re doing.

What Cosgrave is doing is an example of the horseshoe effect. He’s trying to unite the racist, homophobic far right with the ultra-cynical, tankie far left - and I’m not talking about People Before Profit, I’m talking about self-identified “left” people with no real ideology beyond “burn it all down”, “Putin is some man” etc. etc. The far right is always the dominant player in that alliance.

And he’s doing it purely for his own narcissism.

1 Like

The same virtue signalling candidate who voted to drown migrants in the Mediterranean.

Exactly. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

Suggesting they were going at it for political/monetary benefits is nasty unless there’s proof, i’m not sure anyone is defending that element of it… but the homophobia card is laughable. Standard FG tactic around Varadkar at this stage - they’ve played it a few times with SF also.

I missed this lads, what innuendo is there about Wallace and Daly? Is Mick a beard?

In fairness, those comments were worse

Yes they have.

You’ve either missed or ignored the point I made.

Where? Give some examples.

Anyone? Link to this?

I was on about you nose diving back to the 80s and psychoanalyzing the country then and Paddy attempting to tap into that energy through this photo… a bit loose itself.

By all means slate him for the suggesting that there was benefits to any relationship …but maybe i’m just a bit more evolved than the rest but I dont see homophobia in there at all. Gays have sex with other gays… you’ve drawn all the rest of it out from your own issues with gay people.

I’m not on about that fool … there were a few other occasions they played it.

I’m happy to cancel Paddy, where do I sign up?

if we put our arm around each other at a football match would it be ok to suggest we had sex?

1 Like

I’m not sure if the tweet is homophobic per se, but it sure does enable online homophobes who hang on Paddy’s every word.

Is O’Tuathaill gay, some people seem to have hired out a cherry picket to draw offense here.

I don’t think its necessarily homophobic but it’s just a very bad thing to tweet whether it was a same sex or man and woman in the photo

To be expected from that cunt though

2 Likes

anybody who carves out a living off the back of that cesspit know exactly what they are doing