Comrade Patty Cosgrove - Irish Hero

I havenā€™t seen any innuendo around Wallace and Daly but Iā€™d say itā€™s inappropriate and shouldnā€™t happen. My point about McEntee was that I donā€™t think youā€™d react the same way if sheā€™d been standing in the photo and the same tweet from paddy was directed at her. Or would you? Do you think it would be fair game to make the same sexual innuendo at McEntee?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not on twitter, the only time I see it is when links are posted here.

Honestly though, do you think it would be fair game to make the same sexual innuendo at McEntee?

Iā€™d think exactly the same as I would whether it was a heterosexual or a same sex couple, or any variant thereof. Equally right, or equally wrong.
Why do you keep harping on about Helen mcentee?

1 Like

To do that youā€™d have to dismiss the entirety of the history of homophobia throughout human existence.

Youā€™re just processing this through your 1980ā€™s filter.

1 Like

Why do you always end up defending this type of shit and the like of paddy cosgrove?

1 Like

Wha?

Homophobia is a still a very real thing in society. Iā€™m not aware of there being a similar phenomenon called heterophobia.

So youā€™d think itā€™s ok? Or would you disapprove? Do you think the public in general would react the same?

I keep ā€œharping onā€ about McEntee because I think sheā€™s a good way to demonstrate what I think the difference in treatment would be.

I think if that tweet had been directed at a woman it wouldnā€™t be condoned or tolerated.

I only ever read anything about paddy Cosgrove on here tbh. I donā€™t know much about him bar the bare bones. I certainly only ever read what heā€™s tweeted on here. I have no interest in him per se. I donā€™t have an opinion on him, bar he seems to drive people demented at his ease.
Actually, this isnā€™t true, from the tweets posted on here he comes across as a man who engages his keyboard before his brain at times, but Iā€™m standing in a small greenhouse with a big rock saying that.

I donā€™t know why he does because I think Flatty is about the nicest and most decent fella youā€™ll ever come across, but he sometimes ends up on these sides and then he gets cranky when I try to discuss it with him.

Thereā€™s a real touch of ā€œa man of his timeā€ about him.

I donā€™t know why you would choose a pregnant woman who is Iā€™d presume in a stable relationship as your north star here, but to answer your question, I find it distasteful equally. I think it is an ill mannered and scurrilous jibe, unless paddy knows it is true, in which case he should come out and say it.
I donā€™t know the other fella in the photo, but it would seem paddy is insinuating he has profited professionally from his relationship with Leo varadkar?
I donā€™t think same sex couples should be above reproach or suspicion or opprobrium if personal relationships, especially intimate ones are potentially used to gain professional benefit, any more than heterosexual ones. They should be subject to exactly the same scrutiny.

1 Like

Prejudiced against gays?

There was pictures of Boris with his arm around the american girl months back, with suggestions there was a sex for favours relationship.

There is a picture of Leo with his arm around a man, with suggestions of sex for favours relationship.

Whatā€™s the difference?

4 Likes

people havenā€™t been beaten up and discriminated against for being heterosexual

The difference maybe is that there is absolutely no doubt Boris was having sexual relations with that lady, and handing her taxpayer funded perks and contracts just so he could continue to do so.
If Leo or almost any other world leader did the same, he or she would be out on their ear. Itā€™s hard to fathom exactly how Boris is still in office.

You are playing the man here (paddy Cosgrove) rather than the ball.

1 Like

iā€™d say you are by inferring meaning from my post about him.

See what I did there

Thereā€™s nothing obvious from that tweet ā€” Even if he is suggesting there was sexual relations, how is that homophobic ffs? Do gays have sex with other gays? Lads looking to get outraged at everything - fucking hellā€¦

7 Likes