Comrade Patty Cosgrove - Irish Hero

ok guys, im out of the loop here

wtf is a NCT?

2 Likes

Neanderthal Cager Transport.

2 Likes

It does. People on more money pay more tax.

They should be paying more. Anything above 200k should be taxed at 80%. Obscene salaries should be discouraged.

Instead it’s effectively around 50%.

The taxation cap stops at 100k. So anyone earning a salary of 1m is effectively paying the same tax rate as those earning 110k. That’s a regressive tax system.

You’ve gone completely off the Topic at hand now, Paddy is a bollocks and we can all agree on that and move along.

1 Like

What do you think a consequence of that would be ?

We had a tax rate of 65 per cent in Ireland in the 1980s. It worked out well.

A tax rate of 50 per cent means you work for the Government Monday Tuesday and Wednesday morning.

80 per cent would mean you work for yourself on Friday and government takes Monday to Thursday. People would simply leave.

2 Likes

Might be too high brow for you but I didn’t bring in income tax into it

Go back and follow the audit trail.

A reduction in wealth inequality.

You’re a high earner mate, very successful. Are you not talking out both sides of the gob here?

You’re right but not for reason you think.

1 Like

Am I?

I would say I’m very middle of the road when it comes to salary.

I think everyone should be entitled to a fair days wage.

There’s nothing fair with regards to a cleaner who works hard, is on a zero hour contract at a little above minimum wage relative to some banking exec who ruins the country with greed and incompetence and walks into another 600k per annum job.

Why do these banking execs and so forth need to be paid mega salaries?

It’s clear there has been a tax policy in this country for decades now which is reticent to tax MNCs and high earners appropriately. Sorry if you have an issue with responding to a point and addressing that.

1 Like

Oh I am. I think it’s very dangerous for society when large corporations have government by the balls.

You don’t remember the 1980s. Less wealth inequality because people had no wealth.

Lads ating magpies.

And people left in their masses.

2 Likes

And look at now, a hugely wealthy country with huge wealth inquality, a homeless crisis, burdened with a mammoth national debt for decades to come, a health service in crisis.

The Irish govt had all the tools to make a success of this country in the 90s but made every irresponsible and reckless short termism decision on social and economic policy they could to serve the interests of private parties and wealthy individuals. The sleaze around is disgusitng.

Look at all the valuable state commodities and services they privatized in the past 30 years.

Ireland needs a government who will make natinalisation a priority for all its key services and commodities. FFG policy has been to whore itself to the private sector and resultantly destroy the state, multiple times and bigger and harder each time.

We had insular economic policies for years and sent all our sons over to dig roads for John Bull. The economic miracle of FFG in the last 30 years were so astounding we were able to attract sought after migrants like @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

They made a mess of it.

They are reaping the carnage that privitisation has brought to the country now. Vulture funds skewering citizens with rent, stopping them from being able to buy their own houses, a homeless crisis continuing to spiral out of control.

The healthcare sector in crisis, continuing to move toward the private sector, making a basic human right unaffordable for many. Making the amount of money you have or earn the barometer to the best treatment rather than the need of the patient.

The gov cashing in on every state resource which could be a huge source of tax and job creation, a mechanism where they can control inflation and hawking it off to the private sector for a song, deregulating it and allowing private interests to build up a monopoly and skewer the tax payer and then short what they should be paying back in terms of income tax.

It’s appalling but the sheep cannot see what they are paying for.

Careful what you wish for. Look at parts of England or Wales or even Northern Ireland for what we could be - lads living on 80 quid a week.

1 Like

Ireland is the only country in the below sample that has seen rising wealth and reduction in inequality over the last 30 years

0015b82c-614

6 Likes

You’re using a chart compiled by a dishonest blueshirt.

Thewissen and Smeedig led the plot against Enda iirc

2 Likes