Congratulations to Leinster Champions of Europe

Thread for all to congratulate the mighty men of Leinster

Well done you Leinster legends

[quote=ā€œW.B. Yeatsā€]Thread for all to congratulate the mighty men of Leinster

Well done you Leinster legends[/QUOTE]

europe? huh? last time i looked it was only britain france Ireland &* a village im umbria that played it:rolleyes:

Fantastic stuff. The best Heiniken cup final ever played.

My beloved Leinster have finally triumphed. What a glorious day to be a Leinsteranian.

Pop the collar

Awesome stuff Leinster. Well done boys.

Great to see an Irish team win it playing open, expansive, freeflowing rugby football unlike previous winners from our country.

Go Leinster. :thumbsup:

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Awesome stuff Leinster. Well done boys.

Great to see an Irish team win it playing open, expansive, freeflowing rugby football unlike previous winners from our country.

Go Leinster. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Ulsterā€™s victory was a victory for rugby, as well as a culture, a way of life and a being. To suggest otherwise is rather silly of you

Larry

Just to inform you this is the congratulations thread
The general Heineken, Magners thread can debate the merits of the Leinster. Munster and Ulster victories. Each and every one significent for the province involved

[quote=ā€œW.B. Yeatsā€]Larry

Just to inform you this is the congratulations thread
The general Heineken, Magners thread can debate the merits of the Leinster. Munster and Ulster victories. Each and every one significent for the province involved[/QUOTE]

Indeed but I thought Bandageā€™s attack on Ulsterā€™s victory needed correction. Nothing more, nothing less.

Apologies larry but I didnā€™t find that Ulster team enjoyable to watch. Now, their approach was more easy on the eye than the turgid ā€˜styleā€™ deployed by Munster but still light years beind the wonderfully progressive rugby football one associates with the European champions.

average game today,wont go down as one of the great finals,but the right result at the end thankfully

Fairly average game but great result all the same. Good to see big Mal win something in the end. Larry how long you been living up north? You seem well settled.

few years now. well settled indeed.

Congrats to the Leinster lads.

Iā€™m sure every single household in Europe will be beaming after that display of rugby excellence. :thumbsup:

Very well done to Leinster, showed serious coolness when things were going wrong. They should have won by 9 points plus, but i thought we really saw the difference between the English Premership and the Celtic League teams yesterday(as opposed to the CL itself). I felt Cardiff left in behind them in semi, but if thats the best the GP has to offer with all its money then its a sad state. Not to take away from Leinster who only for a few mistakes would have hammered them.
Bandage has shown himself him up here big time with his further sad sledging of Munster and his utter lack of rugby knowledge. This Leinster victory was unbelieveably like Munsters 2 Final wins, moreso the Biaritz one, where Munster were clearly the better team, but failed to transfer that into points. Leinster didnā€™t exactly play expansive rugby, but there was a few bits of magic from BOā€™D and Luke. Fitzgerald is slowly becoming a world class player, i hope he gets a chance to match himself against Habanna with the Lions.
It was a good game, very exciting, without being of the very highest quality. Having watched the Bull beat the Crusaders before it youā€™d be fearful of the Lions.

Anyway hereā€™s my assesment of the 2 teams, rating wise.
15. Geordan Murphy (capt) - Wasnā€™t great and started poorly, got injuried then rather strangely, i wonder did he bottle it. 4
14. Scott Hamilton - Fine Player, tried hard. 7.513. Ayoola Erinle - Decent tackler and put in a few hits, but what else can he do, very limited from that one sighting iā€™ve had. 5
12. Dan Hipkiss - Good game, tried his best and nearly got away a few times, still limited enough at this level. 7.5
11. Alesana Tuilagi - Same as Hipkiss in a way, heā€™s got power, but seems a bit braindead. 7
10. Sam Vesty Made a good try for Woods when Jennings was gone, but otherwise he was very poor, should have been dragged off for his attitude alone. 4
9. Julien Dupuy Played well and looked dangerous at times, not better than Ellis though IMO. 7
1. Marcos Ayerza Looked strong in the scrum. 7
2. George Chuter Limited player, lineout a disaster, has to take some responsibility. A trier though so likeable.5
3. Martin Castrogiovanni An outstanding prop around the place and did well in the scrum all the time.8
4. Tom Croft Broke his balls for the cause, but i think Leicester would be better with him in the backrow, heā€™s too good for 2nd row. Open play gets him his score7.5
5. Ben Kay Lineout a disaster, he ran out of steam as well.5.5
6. Craig Newby Was completely overshadowed by his opposite number, but was very involved.6.5
7. Ben Woods Took his try well, but was also overshadowed. 6.5
8. Jordan Crane Who??? Another overblown GP Sky Sports lump of muscle. 4
16. Benjamin Kayser Did well i thought.6
17. Julian White Did his thing in the scrum, an awful idiot though. 6.5
18. Louis Deacon Played well when on, mixed it up a bit.7
19. Lewis Moody Tried hard, not enough time to infuence really. Should have started.6.5
20. Harry Ellis Didnā€™t get enough time IMO, heā€™s a little porick, but i rate him.
21. Matt Smith Pure and utter shit, how is this fella at a club like this:rolleyes:. 2

15. Isa Nacewa Excellent game overall, nearly created something special with Horgan down the line with good feet. Dreadful attempt at tackle for the try.8
14. Shane Horgan Mixed the good with the bad, few mistakes, but tackled brilliantly at times, the old head came in handy. 7
13. Brian Oā€™Driscoll Not vintage, but still better than most out there. Couple of nice breaks and his usual tackling.8.5
12. Gordon Dā€™Arcy Superb at times, tackled really well and punched at them time and time again, so ridiculously fit.8.5
11. Luke Fitzgerald He is getting better and better, heā€™s perfecting his step and swerve. Tackled like a demon again.8.5
10. Johnny Sexton Coming of age for him, but he needs to play the game, not the crowd or the opposition, suppose it will come with maturity. You can see the good and the bad influence of Felipe in him. Super kicking overall. 9
9. Chris Whitaker For his age it was weird to see his passing improve so dramatically in a few weeks, still not great for the level, but better, Had a very good game.8
1. Cian Healy Outstanding, brilliant to have this guy coming through, heā€™s a beast.8
2. Bernard Jackman Thought he was going to cost Leinster the game, heā€™s not a good player, no matter what anyone says i wonā€™t be convinced. Leinster won carrying him. 3
3. Stan Wright Didnā€™t think he was great in the scrum, but threw himself about.6
4. Leo Cullen (capt) Excellent in all aspects, led from the front.8
5. Malcolm Oā€™Kelly One of his best days in a while. Stole, blocked,hit rucks. Pity he didnā€™t do this all the time.8
6. Rocky Elsom The man. 9.5
7. Shane Jennings Gave away alot of penalties early on, but then was immense. Back showing the talent he showed before going to Leicester.8.5
8. Jamie Heaslip Giant. Brilliant again and took the try superbly.9
16. John Fogarty Not a great sign when heā€™s a massive improvement on Jackman.7
17. Ronan McCormack Seemed lost for a while and i was wondering was he going to be a disaster, but did well after.6
21. Rob KearneyGot involved and tackled well6

There may have been other subs, but i kinda didnā€™t notice them.

[quote=ā€œcaoimhaoinā€]Very well done to Leinster, showed serious coolness when things were going wrong. They should have won by 9 points plus, but i thought we really saw the difference between the English Premership and the Celtic League teams yesterday(as opposed to the CL itself). I felt Cardiff left in behind them in semi, but if thats the best the GP has to offer with all its money then its a sad state. Not to take away from Leinster who only for a few mistakes would have hammered them.
Bandage has shown himself him up here big time with his further sad sledging of Munster and his utter lack of rugby knowledge. This Leinster victory was unbelieveably like Munsters 2 Final wins, moreso the Biaritz one, where Munster were clearly the better team, but failed to transfer that into points. Leinster didnā€™t exactly play expansive rugby, but there was a few bits of magic from BOā€™D and Luke. Fitzgerald is slowly becoming a world class player, i hope he gets a chance to match himself against Habanna with the Lions.
It was a good game, very exciting, without being of the very highest quality. Having watched the Bull beat the Crusaders before it youā€™d be fearful of the Lions.

Anyway hereā€™s my assesment of the 2 teams, rating wise.
15. Geordan Murphy (capt) - Wasnā€™t great and started poorly, got injuried then rather strangely, i wonder did he bottle it. 4
14. Scott Hamilton - Fine Player, tried hard. 7.513. Ayoola Erinle - Decent tackler and put in a few hits, but what else can he do, very limited from that one sighting iā€™ve had. 5
12. Dan Hipkiss - Good game, tried his best and nearly got away a few times, still limited enough at this level. 7.5
11. Alesana Tuilagi - Same as Hipkiss in a way, heā€™s got power, but seems a bit braindead. 7
10. Sam Vesty Made a good try for Woods when Jennings was gone, but otherwise he was very poor, should have been dragged off for his attitude alone. 4
9. Julien Dupuy Played well and looked dangerous at times, not better than Ellis though IMO. 7
1. Marcos Ayerza Looked strong in the scrum. 7
2. George Chuter Limited player, lineout a disaster, has to take some responsibility. A trier though so likeable.5
3. Martin Castrogiovanni An outstanding prop around the place and did well in the scrum all the time.8
4. Tom Croft Broke his balls for the cause, but i think Leicester would be better with him in the backrow, heā€™s too good for 2nd row. Open play gets him his score7.5
5. Ben Kay Lineout a disaster, he ran out of steam as well.5.5
6. Craig Newby Was completely overshadowed by his opposite number, but was very involved.6.5
7. Ben Woods Took his try well, but was also overshadowed. 6.5
8. Jordan Crane Who??? Another overblown GP Sky Sports lump of muscle. 4
16. Benjamin Kayser Did well i thought.6
17. Julian White Did his thing in the scrum, an awful idiot though. 6.5
18. Louis Deacon Played well when on, mixed it up a bit.7
19. Lewis Moody Tried hard, not enough time to infuence really. Should have started.6.5
20. Harry Ellis Didnā€™t get enough time IMO, heā€™s a little porick, but i rate him.
21. Matt Smith Pure and utter shit, how is this fella at a club like this:rolleyes:. 2

15. Isa Nacewa Excellent game overall, nearly created something special with Horgan down the line with good feet. Dreadful attempt at tackle for the try.8
14. Shane Horgan Mixed the good with the bad, few mistakes, but tackled brilliantly at times, the old head came in handy. 7
13. Brian Oā€™Driscoll Not vintage, but still better than most out there. Couple of nice breaks and his usual tackling.8.5
12. Gordon Dā€™Arcy Superb at times, tackled really well and punched at them time and time again, so ridiculously fit.8.5
11. Luke Fitzgerald He is getting better and better, heā€™s perfecting his step and swerve. Tackled like a demon again.8.5
10. Johnny Sexton Coming of age for him, but he needs to play the game, not the crowd or the opposition, suppose it will come with maturity. You can see the good and the bad influence of Felipe in him. Super kicking overall. 9
9. Chris Whitaker For his age it was weird to see his passing improve so dramatically in a few weeks, still not great for the level, but better, Had a very good game.8
1. Cian Healy Outstanding, brilliant to have this guy coming through, heā€™s a beast.8
2. Bernard Jackman Thought he was going to cost Leinster the game, heā€™s not a good player, no matter what anyone says i wonā€™t be convinced. Leinster won carrying him. 3
3. Stan Wright Didnā€™t think he was great in the scrum, but threw himself about.6
4. Leo Cullen (capt) Excellent in all aspects, led from the front.8
5. Malcolm Oā€™Kelly One of his best days in a while. Stole, blocked,hit rucks. Pity he didnā€™t do this all the time.8
6. Rocky Elsom The man. 9.5
7. Shane Jennings Gave away alot of penalties early on, but then was immense. Back showing the talent he showed before going to Leicester.8.5
8. Jamie Heaslip Giant. Brilliant again and took the try superbly.9
16. John Fogarty Not a great sign when heā€™s a massive improvement on Jackman.7
17. Ronan McCormack Seemed lost for a while and i was wondering was he going to be a disaster, but did well after.6
21. Rob KearneyGot involved and tackled well6

There may have been other subs, but i kinda didnā€™t notice them.[/QUOTE]

elsom is going back to oz now - is he going to play for the reds in front of pitiful crowds where the locals have little time for them or go back to been an average NRL player?

Iā€™d say heā€™ll stay as a Union player, heā€™s is more of a thinking sportsman.
Iā€™m sure the crowds will increase when heā€™s playing, that type of player.
Huge loss to Leinster.

Bit harsh on Jackman there maybe, didnā€™t think he was that bad although itā€™s probably fair to say that he wonā€™t be challenging for an international place any time soon.

Aimless rucking, going in from the side all day and got away with it and was driven back more than once. His throwing was poor, and throwing is a huge part of a hookers game. His dynamism around the park has dulled alot recently and this is why he was even a professional, not to mind winning HECā€™s. He has done very well, donā€™t get me wrong, but he is pretty headless.

Super stuff from the pride of Leinster. Iā€™d say there wasnā€™t a cow milked in Blackrock last night.

Did you get to it MBB?
Heard there was a sizeable Munster crowd roaring Leinster on. I know my mates were, was that the general feeling there?