Cork GAA 2016

Unless it changed from the UCC game the other day. I know they were angry about it.

They basicallly threw that game with the team picked

A. Nash

S. O’Neill
C. Joyce
S. MacDonnell

D. Cahalane
W. Egan
A. Walsh

C. Murphy
L. McLoughlin

B. Lawton
P. O’Sullivan
P. Cronin

A. Cadogan
S. Harnedy
P. Horgan

All out to avoid relegation I’d say judging by that team.

1 Like

I’d say so alright.

Has to be.

Cork are out to win the league.
Main target for the year as of now i believe.

A reasonable strategy really.

Great to see Joyce back.

Cooper playing out midfield, Cadogan in the half-forward line, Harnedy/Horgan inside.

Harnedy goal, Cork up by 2 points.

And immediately afterwards Harnedy went off, O’Farrell on.

http://wiziwig.xyz/premiere.html

Galway three up.

Galway five up at HT. Whelan roasting McDonnell.

Same old same old. Load of average hurlers that can’t use the ball, even if they somehow manage to win it.

Early days but that was not encouraging. Looked slow and heavy legged so maybe they were training hard.

Injuries have started already

No pattern to play. Nash puck outs still a huge weakness

Without murphy no natural defender

Not a great sign when going back two years for players who left panel/on way down

Same lads, (Cian McCarthy etc) being sprung from the bench. Are they hoping that they’ll start showing something now six, seven years after they started playing senior.

I know, its mental.

Cian Mac, Paudie Sull etc.

William Egan ffs.

TUM is dead right. No strategy, anywhere. Still aimless driving of the ball. Will take Flannery a year to get that out of some of them. If he can at al. Nash is a knobjockey.

Probably not best to read much either way into the first league game, but seeing nothing but the same old failings from the exact same players isn’t exactly encouraging for the year ahead.

Its management not trying players is the main issue.

1. We’ll never know about some lads being up to it or not. A game in January against UCC should not be a barometer of your readiness.
  2. The guys on the squad feel no pressure. Thats never good.
  3. Already they are getting injuriea
  4. Already you can see too many chiefs and not enough Indians in management. The manager is probably 3rd or 4th in terms of voice

Would love to see cork use GPS on the full forward line for a game or two to show them how little they run or do compared to other teams

Would be interesting.

The problem is now the new management want to settle in before rocking the boat and it means the bluffers get a pass. Most will be very hard to change anyway.

The nepotism will also be an issue. He tried hard in fairness but POS is no better than another 12-15 forwards in Cork.

Harnedy is the best overall player we have. Bit of talent combined with effort and a brain. Most of the others are seriously lacking in one major department.

Even on tv its screaming at ya who the personalities are and who is wrestling for power.

Hopefully Flannery makes a difference and hopefully it was over training which caused that performance. And it may well be. But the word was they were going after the league, so that doesn’t add up.

1 Like

POS injury finished him. Playing him centre forward was madness. He doesn’t have legs to play more than 10 or 15 minutes. When that becomes clear it is going to upset the camp (they know it anyway but rate him highly as a natural hurler/talent)

You are right on personalities - KK has to become ruthless and single minded, but he is probably a person who seeks consensus. He is a clever guy and needs to back himself or they are fucked

They need to sort out the defence very quickly or will start to ship hidings. Dangling a hurl in front of somebody is not tackling. Pity Murphy not around even in backroom.

They need to set up with a very defensive system, play Ellis as a sweeper and play harnedy up top with two runners off him

Get Nash hitting low trajectory puck outs to spare man and if he cannot then drop him

I know you disagree with me but I think JBM really over achieved with this group of players and it will become clear this year.

1 Like