Cork GAA 2016

It depends on your oitlook i suppose.

The lack of desire would indicate he got them going more than anyone else. And you could very easily argue he over achieved in 2013.

After that though he under achieved IMO. I believe if they got Canice Kennedy involved for 2 years he would sort alot of it and/or give the lads the tools and insight to sort it.

The Sullivan thing is a bit weird now. They are actually all pretty grand lads essentially, but last week thwir auld lad got an award for sports personality of the month. A load of shite those things i realise, however it gives you an insight into the thinking that goes on.

Sensible people should step in at the start of these suggestions and say lads “lets have a think about this”. They are all now, i believe, in a shit situation.
Rock with has to drop his brother at some point or fight accusations of nepotism.

1 Like

Agree with all your tactical view.

Yeah a sports psychologist or some form of performance coach was and is needed. They have got comfortable, lots of crying off from training with niggles and pains. Time to clear the decks bring in young lads who will give you an honest shift and might develop

Was talking to a county manager over weekend of a “second tier” football county. Really interesting - compared work rate of forwards of the top tier - four semi finalists last year and said their corner forwards run 3 times the distance in Matches as his lads did when he took over. Said his lads cannot take ball into contact as they will just lose it but he reckoned any team with right attitude and training could compete but it is a 3 year time frame and getting buy in for that is very very hard.

Ya i largely agree. 2-3 years total commitment to every sector. May not win Sam but you’d make a dent in it.

Dublin are pretty much above the average for even All Ireland winners in depth and support (traininh support i mean). But all the others can compete with each other if they make the effort and even saying that, as has been shown, the dubs are beatable too.

I really don’t think there is huge difference between most amateur teams. Even at club level. Look at how organised all the teams in say provincial club play offs were. Cross, Castlebar, Clonmel, BB, NaP, Cushendall, OTB etc. All hugely organised, hugely driven and generally well coached.

Coaching is key. Be it field coaching or off field coaching.

The Cork team to play Waterford on Saturday night in the Allianz Hurling League in Pairc Ui Rinn @ 7pm has been announced as follows.

1. Anthony Nash (Kanturk)
  2. Shane O’Neill (Bishopstown)
  3. Christopher Joyce (Na Piarsaigh)
  4. Stephen McDonnell (Glen Rovers) (Capt)
  5. Damian Cahalane (St Finbarrs)
  6. William Egan (Kilbrin)
  7. Colm Spillane (Castlelyons)
  8. Daniel Kearney (Sarsfield)
  9. Aidan Walsh (Kanturk)
  10. Brian Lawton (Castlemartyr)
  11. Bill Cooper (Youghal)
  12. Lorcan McLoughlin (Kanturk)
  13. Conor Lehane (Midleton)
  14. William Leahy (Aghada)
  15. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)

Subs:
16. Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig)
17. Stephen Murphy (Blackrock)
18. Mark Ellis (Millstreet)
19. Patrick Cronin (Bishopstown)
20. Alan Cadogan (Douglas)
21. Paudie O’ Sullivan (Cloyne)
22. Cian McCarthy (Sarsfield)
23. Stephen Moylan (Douglas)
24. Cormac Murphy (Mallow)
25. Luke O’Farrell (Midleton)
26. Killian Burke (Midleton)

Looks like one man inside, two man half-forward line and everyone else back counter-acting Waterford.

A i will say is William Egan.

2 Likes

Leahy looks extremely poor at this level.

‘The work rate was fantastic’ - sweet fuck its like listening to Brendan Rodgers.

He is 18 you gobshite.
Joe Deane was dreadful in his first game

@Turenne likes anonymously slating underage players, it’s like his hobby, because he’s a weirdo

What’s ye’re opinions on Aidan Walsh lads, he looked an unbelievable prospect in that classic U21 munster final back in 2011.

Few Cork mates of mine at work reckon he should have stuck with the footballers, doesn’t have enough hurling etc etc…

Needs a year off. Hates the job, hates sport etc

Huge.mistake choosing hurling. Having 2 medals must have been the carrot but he was a savage footballer. 2 things happened, he underestimated the need for football skills and while a dual player trained way more hurling and secondly football coaches ruined him.
Too much too young again.

3 Likes

Informative rating.

That Diamaid Sullivan made an ape of himself tonight on the line would I be right to think he isn’t too clever the same fella

William Leahy is in his mid-20s you absolute bluffer.

24 is underage now is it?

He’s always had the cut of a pig ignorant roaster about him.

1 Like

The point remains the same regardless, weirdo.