Cork GAA 2018

This fella meant to be best of the lot

The mother was a Cleary too.

Speed, craft and toughness.

The big thing and tally though is environment. Knowin what it takes within the walls of the house as long as not over bearing is huge help

The bits I saw were impressive…

He is underage next year as well I think

:joy:

A classic GAA’ism

True but he is the fastest and most skillful.

Well the eldest brother doesn’t have much skill or hurling just pulls and belts and drags

There was a brother better but he was a hoor for the sauce .

He couldn’t ketchup.

I see Murphy and his latest lapdog are acting the cents again.

‘This motion is an insult to Congress’ - Cork county board opposes CPA motion on recording votes http://the42.ie/3863257

Trust :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

De 2 stand out players of the U-16 A grade last year are both picked Paddy O Flynn & Darragh Flynn. Maybe unlucky were Keiren Kearney Bride Rovers. Jake Carr Fermoy & Daire O Leary from Watergrasshill.

1 Like

I do not buy that whatsoever.

And I know coaches involved with development squads believe it’s an issue.

Not just selectorial issue. In fact at one age I know there is hardly any involvement whatsoever from the Premier clubs. Some of it is poor coaching and clubs/parents not pushing due to long drives etc.
In some cases they think it’s grade dependant.

But it’s not working

I do know that the selectors were at North Regional U-16 Final last year & also at both county semi finals & final. If u are saying development squads coaches are not at club games you are obviously are not involved at juv club level. _

Some are, some are not.

Varies from management team to management team.

So 1 game is enough to cast an eye over an entire grade? In a county the size of Cork???

That’s exactly why I don’t buy it

That’s four games that I have seen them at. They do attend games but can’t get to every game.

No I agree with that.

And it really does vary.

Some have stayed almost completely with same group as they got at 14. Others apparently have little contact with regions or they here is Conflict.

It’s complex and the issues vary.

Very few groups seem harmonious from what I see and hear though

I do agree that coaches should change from year to year. Also it is very hard to get involved as a coach Seems like a closed shop. Also I have seen some Rebel Og camps and they seem to be a money making exercise

Some of the people who have got coaching jobs have actually been pushed out if clubs because of their poor performance.

There are a few involved now and I wouldn’t give them the Junior B team.

But politics stills rules.

And loudness.

Having said that them here are are few excellent coaches too.

Few good young rugby players fell by the wayside this year because the GAA season never really ended for them as they fell into Rebel Og squads. I was chatting to a lad about it one day saying it was a great move from the GAA as it kept ownership of a lot of talented young lads. He told me his fella got called into a rebel og squad at u 16 level and he hadnt picked up a hurley in about 12 months. He is a right good rugby player and his old fella reckoned they work off a hit list of fellas who they might lose to other sports and target them with these squads as a teaser.

Fair play if they do. Alls fair in love and war

I know that’s not a policy.

But it would not surprise me if some of the hurling Nazi were at that.

So narrow minded it’s unbelievable.

Many report players coming back worse after being with development squads.

2 Likes