Cork GAA 2018

Rebel Cork divides the county along baronial lines. You couldn’t make it up.

3 Likes

Seandun is a weird one, split in two.

You’re a weird one…

presume that is whitechurch and whitescross and Glanmire splitting it.

Glanmire?

the imokilly bit between the two shandon’s? Lisgoold?

Leamlara I’d say

Leamlara and Lisgoold are the same club but that area on the map is mostly Glanmire

The Beara lads getting shafted there. They have what 5 parishes? And most of it mountain.

1 Like

thought as much. strange that whitescross and whitechurch are lumped in with Shandon.

I’m sure this has been asked plenty of times before but how is Damien Cahalane allowed play for Castlehaven & St. Finbarrs?

Is there no rule to stop a player playing with 2 clubs even if it is in different codes?

Isolated player rule - as long as no-one objects to him playing for Castlehaven he can work away. Cathal Malone playing for Sixmilebridge in hurling and Ennistymon in football in Clare under the same proviso.

1 Like

Same as Murroe/Boher fellas playing for Monaleen in football.

1 Like

Ridiculous, if the Barr’s provide both codes he should have to stick with them. He could end up playing a co final against the club he hurls for

2 Likes

I worked with a lot of boys from that part of cork and I always asked about that and other things about Castlehaven and get told “ they are just different “

1 Like

You hear a lot of lads from cork are “just different”. In reality they are just creeps.

2 Likes

Their club (Castlehaven) dont play hurling. What are they supposed to do :wink:

Castlehaven are an incredible club in the loyalty they inspire, they’d be dead if it wasn’t for the likes of Niall Cahalane dragging his kids down there throughout the week for years and years, they don’t have a hurling team but have produced a few decent ones, Francie Collins won a county with Blackrock in 85 and was around Cork panels, Niall Cahalane wasn’t a bad hurler either.
Some of ye would have Damien disqualified from hurling, or force him to transfer?

3 Likes

He has already transferred no?

Transferred to where? His club dont have a hurling team so he plays with a team close to where he is living

Happens loads in Cork with plenty small clubs only offering one code