Cork GAA 2018

John Knox is a seedy minded faggot cunt and should sacked immediately for writing that article the dirty bastaed.

But what about sars? 6 players involved with Cork.
Na Piarsaigh? 3 Senior and 4 u21
The Glen? 2 senior and maybe more u21
Midleton? 2 senior

What about the Junior and Intermediate teams where one player is a huge loss?

Is it fair on them? Some have as many.

Unbelievably miopic statement

Might as well throw Cadogan in. Needs the games. No point in fucking around with that.

I would have huge question marks over Sean o’Donohoe and Tim o’Mahoney. Donohoe looked out if depth at Fitzgibbon. His positioning is very questionable. Mahoney really did not inspire me last year at 21.

Robbie Glynn was pretty uninspiring against UCD the other say but granted that’s one game. He does seem to be selfish in the wrong type of way

I thought O’Mahony had a nice bit of cut about him in U21 last year. We have an abundance of decent forwards so I like the outside the box thinking from Meyler. More upsides than downside to this move.

Is the Antrim lad gone off the panel?

did i hear something on the wireless earlier about Nash playing some all ireland club semi at 2pm in newbridge tomorrow and then lining out for cork at 7pm?
can we not at least give another keeper a run out

1 Like

John Knox…can you get any more fucking presbyterian than that

I totally forgot about that.

He is rattled obviously by Collins

would that be it kev?
surely the selectors would make the call here
is it down to

1. the selectors just not trusting the bench
  2. Nash is first choice and is demanding that he plays even if the circumstances are extraordinary and the selectors just go with his call

if it is indeed the latter it looks like a pretty unhealthy environment

this is back to the disgusting 2008/9 mentality again as DogC alluded to in his book where senior panel members Sean Og i remember felt they picked the team as they were the team and would say if they could not play

Look i’m being harsh (that level is harsh) and maybe age will be kind to him with growing into his body. But he was too wild and gangly altogether for IC hurling for me.

Myler won’t be found wanting trying stuff anyway.

And the players are developing physically under him so he deserves some room for credit on leaving the job to Declan o’Sull. It does seem to be in a block nature which is not my preferred approach (layered) but at least it’s happening

1 Like

Nash is under pressure no doubt about it. I would suggest there are selectors pushing for Collins

Collins is a better raw talent. That’s the long and short of it.

Why the decision came around I obviously have no idea.

It’s a silly one regardless in my opinion. Just play your all ireland semi final and relax ta fuck with your club mates. I would not be happy about it if I were from Kanturk

1 Like

Both brothers are top class.

Absolutely excellent.

Ballinhassig are turning into a really top club. Always were in ways. But they have 4 adult teams now. One of them told me all 4 played more than 20 games last year. For a rural club, and ok it’s a sizeable parish, to achieve that is outstanding.

I’d say certain people are over reading this so suit their own prejudices.

Its Corks first game in the redeveloped pairc ui c. Aany Cork player worth their salt would be eager to play in it.
Its Kilkenny - Any Cork player worth his salt etc.

The Club Final (if Kanturk make it) is fixed for the following Weekend ruling the Kanturk players out for the next league game.(v Wexford)

Cadogan at full back and O’Mahony at centre back is a new combination and Meyler probably needs a bit of stability where he can get it.

Collins has played in two of the three Munster League games. I only saw him against Limerick. Also saw him play agaainst Limerick U21 this year and last. He is promising but probably needs a bit more time. Playing him against Kilkenny with a new set of backs might do him more harm.

Ah that’s some load of hypocritical nonsense.

Talk about creating a narrative :joy:

Can you point out what is hypocritical in any thing i said?

Doubt he will start

“I’d say certain people are over reading this so suit their own prejudices.”

Everything you said after this to support your own narrative and defending of Nash.

Why pick him so?

Dummy naming the keeper is basement management carry on.

We all carry prejudices around with us. The only difference in people is that some admit to them while others bleat on ad-nauseam and refuse to alter their mindsets no matrer what evidence is produced.
I have suggested an alternative to some posters that there may be a reason why John Meyler had selected his team the way he has. You have responded in a manner that suggests you have a closed opinion on this. It would appear from the outside that there is an element in Cork that expect him to fail and want to be the ones that said “I told you so”. I work with a few Cork lads and I get the feeling they are underwhelmed.
I dont know the man from Adam but he appears to be a dedicated genuine sort who I hope is successful.