Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

It was completely sold out for a fixture just two days ago, same fixture sells out every time.
But 26000 is a small enough crowd I suppose

1 Like

That’s mad. Is rubby usually on at Christmas?

Stephenses day, many locals would plan their festivities around it

Locals as in Cork? I’d never have heard of it in my 35 years in Limerick

You don’t follow rugby

Fogarty is a Dub. A right prick of a yoke.

I had the the misfortune of working the corporate suite there for the Castres game last day, place was full of moany, whingy Cork cunts. One in particular was close to tears trying to get in with his youngfella after the match" Im a ten yeeeeeaaarr ticket holdeeeer BOOOOOIIIII im always let in here!" Nothing personal @gilgamboa but like I told you Covid has changed the rules.

6 Likes

You’re some jobsworth. As I said il see to it you never get a high vis again

4 Likes

Would you fuck off. KK were played off the pitch by a clearly superior Cork side for the vast majority of the 2nd half in that match. They were haunted to pinch a draw at the end.

3 Likes

Two bad teams.

Kk looked miles ahead early on and fell asleep in 2nd half . Cork had legs in ET but Kk (for all their faults) should not have lost to that Cork team

I know many, many locals and I doubt any would be planning their festive season around rubby. But as you say, I wouldn’t mix much with the type of wanker that goes to Thomond park.

1 Like

The only teams I would have any interest in is The Cookies, Thomond, Richmond and St Mary’s, fuck the rest of them. Rugby fans are the most sneery cunts you are likely to meet.

1 Like

They sell 27000 tickets every second year for the fixture, Limerick is not a big city.
You don’t have to like it, I wouldn’t go myself for 500 euro, but it happens.
You don’t like rugby, we all know that, but don’t assume that Munster rugby isn’t massive in Limerick City, because it is.

Funny story actually
A new SNA started with n our school, a nice lady, middle aged, well heeled.
Anyway it turns out she’s a big rugger fan, was telling me how excited she was for the Stephens day game, her son and daughter are abroad, they come home and go to that fixture every time, the highlight of Christmas she called it.
Anyway I tell her I’m not into rugby at all, I’m from Cork and say and I didn’t go to Christians or Pres.
Anyway says she ‘what are you into so, is it sailing?’
My jaw must have dropped, she says, I thought everyone in Cork was into sailing?

Anyway, nice lady as I said but living in cloud cuckoo land,

Sailing!!! :grinning::joy:

3 Likes

You married into them ffs and the kids will be shoved into pres

4 sisters and an artist. Not 1 of them is into sport. The old doll watches a few beer cup games alright.

He was given the wrong dressing room

Massive is an over statement. It’s not massive. Half the cunts that go to Thomond are from the county/Tipp/Clare/Kerry and that’s fact… And Cork would be a sizeable amount of the crowd on any given day. I don’t mind rubby. I detest Munster and any cunt associated with them

2 Likes

You’re out of touch with the people of Limerick city if you can’t accept that Munster rugby is huge here

1 Like