Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

I thought that Midleton side were supposed to bate an average enough Ardscoil out the gate :man_shrugging:

CBS are next year’s team, very young.

They aren’t great from what I’ve heard. CBC were supposed to be the strong ones. Hopefully Tulla go and win it.

DLS college are quite strong, beat Tulla in the 1st round

I like what I hear from Ricken, the right man with the right system and players who’ll run through a brick wall could make a job out of the Cork football team.

He certainly talks a good game. Will be interesting to see how he gets on. Would be a bit in the Derek McGrath mould I think.

I’m going to go on record and say it will be a disaster. The U20s would be a red flag as they played with little discernable system. That just wont do at senior intercounty Im afraid.

1 Like

I’m the farthest thing from an expert, but it appears that he has the ability to get lads to play for him, he’ll have plenty of lads behind him in the big job to do the heavy lifting, I wouldn’t write him off

Id agree that he is a great motivator but the task at senior intercounty requires a hell of a lot more imho. It’s all conjecture at this stage.

4 Likes

I’d love Ricken to succeed however my gut feeling is that he is a great minor/under 20 guy like Mattie Kenny…

Success would really be getting Cork back being a top 4/5 team. It could be done without actually getting any silverware unfortunately.

1 Like

Very surprising loss for CBC today. I didnt think today would be the day they’d fall. Money cant buy success. Disappointed for our mutual friend there. He’s a good sort but won plenty the past year to soften today.

1 Like

That will hurt them. They treat the harty like the senior cup in rugby. Everything goes into it. However, they basically end up like a divisional team and lack that cohesiveness of a good club side that comes with lads playing together since first year.

There will be very few cork schools shed a tear for them. For all the players they recruit, our mutual friend is their best recruit.

Mark Keane :clap:

1 Like

Did he play a challenge game with the hurlers recently?

Bizarre stuff.

1 Like

Club leagues delayed until March. At least common sense prevailed.

1 Like

Hardly that bizarre. You’d imagine he wasn’t making too many inroads if they were allowing him to play GAA matches so often.

Would he be good enough for the hurling?

That’s why its bizarre.

1 Like

desperation

1 Like

Was thinking that. Some difference between junior club and senior intercounty

1 Like