Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Anyone happen to have the full transfer list? Can’t find it online.

Link is on that page

1 Like

Thurles may host Cork v Clare Munster clash after Ed Sheeran’s Páirc gig

Trip to Tipp may be on the cards for county rivals on May 15

Cork and Clare’s Munster SHC Round 4 game on May 15 could yet be played in Semple Stadium.

The counties face off in their Division 1, Group A opener in Páirc Uí Chaoimh this Saturday but their championship game will almost certainly be played elsewhere as the pitch won’t be ready in time following the Ed Sheeran concerts at the stadium in late April.

Páirc Uí Rinn has been considered the most likely alternative, although Thurles is believed to be a strong option to accommodate a large crowd at the business end of the competition. Cork face Tipperary in Semple Stadium in the final round the following weekend.

Páirc Uí Rinn has a current capacity of 11,400 but it could be increased to 15,000 based on remedial work being completed. The Munster SFC semi-final between Cork and Kerry on May 7 is still expected to be played there.

It would seem after taking Mike Ashley’s 30 pieces of silver all bets are off as to the embarrassing depths Cork GAA wil now stoop to. I suppose in their defence you could argue that the ginger bellend Sheerin has probably a better chance of wining an All Ireland medal than Cork.

1 Like

Some farce this. Clare have pitiful travelling support and you’d struggle to get more than 20k in Thurles at this.

Not our fault ye have to pay for a white elephant, just a shame it isn’t on in the GG

If Clare are allowed to play in that kip up in Ennis, Cork should be able to play in PUR.

Far be it from me to defend Cusack Park but it has a capacity of around 18k I think.

I’d prefer to be making a night of it in Cork than going to Thurles myself. Pairc Ui Rinn would have done the finest

1 Like

1 Like

It would never have happened with Frank in charge. He’d probably have guaranteed four home round robin games.

1 Like

Jokeshop

Put simply - Ed Sheeran will put a bigger dent on the stadium debt than any GGA game

2 Likes

To make matters worse the pitch will be probably destroyed after the concerts.

Did I hear rightly on the news that they are playing Kerry in Pairc Ui Rinn?

Why not play it in Kilarney and give Cork the home game in 2023?

Embarrassing all round.

When were the Ed Sheehan gigs announced?

Pairc ui Rinn would be a great venue for a sold out game, sure you’d CB only get 20 thousand into the Pairc anyway

1 Like

A new low for cork gaa.

1 Like

At best only 20k at a football game in Cork.

Pre pandemic?

September 2021

1 Like