Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

The Buttevant lad is a very classy footballer.

Oā€™Neill is very good alright. What age is Ben Twomey?

They had a lad called pat o Keeffe played minor hurling with Sean Ć³gs team. A fine player was tragically killed in a car accident few years ago

1 Like

@gilgamboa

Kanturk are throwing out an amount of Cork players in both codes recently. Any real reason.

2 Likes

The Stack brothers were county minors circa 15 yrs. Had a falling out as the club was going football at the time. Traditonally they were a tough Junior hurling side with v little football.

1 Like

I think everybody on the forum knows where Ballinora is.

2 Likes

Was merely pointing out its proximity to the city boundaries in Bishopstown/curraheen
Everyone on the forum wouldnā€™t know that ol stock

:rollseyes:ā€¦

No only half full of Roman Catholics

Just got two great bunches together really. No real reason. Donā€™t have huge numbers underage but what we have are v good. A fair element of success breeding success. In my lifetime anthony Nash was the first player to wear the cork Jerseyā€¦ Been a flood of them since

1 Like

It may actually have been before you joined,
But there was a great poster here @caoimhaoin, Kevin Mulcahy, active now on twitter, mad as a box of frogs but he was a brilliant poster, very confident in his own opinions and worth, a lovely guy (in PMsšŸ˜€)

Youā€™ll often hear mention of him here, heā€™s a Balinora man, though he had a bit of a falling out with the club.
Nearly everybody here knows of Balinora, one of my kids current teachers is from Balinora :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ballinora.

[quote="backinatracksuit, post:2278, topic:29471, )

Youā€™ll often hear mention of him here, heā€™s a Balinora man, though he had a bit of a falling out with the club.

[/quote]

really ???

1 Like

I think so, maybe I shouldnā€™t have said, I had a long running PM going with Kev because he was interested in how PE was taught in schools and we knew a few of the same people.
So maybe we discussed that there?
But I think he mentioned it on the main board.
In fairness to him, he logged off in Sept 18 and never used that login again, the temptation must have been there many times.

Most of them Walshes. O Sullivan did well when introduced for UL earlier.

1 Like

McLoughlin as well
Darren Browne played Cork 21s
Brian Sullivan has 2 u20 all Irelands and underage again next yr nice to get the Fitz medal today

I reckon youā€™re wrong

Only joking kid and quite possibly I am
Donā€™t care if itā€™s full of Buttevant men even

Great club
Mates wife was principal / vice principal there and yes before my time I reckon

Heā€™s links to Bishopstown if Iā€™m not mistaken, checked a few and heā€™s kinda familiar
Mad and all he may have been
But cute enough to leave here :yum:
Ye whures must have wound him up something awful to make him leave