Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Lads…relax. It isn’t tomorrow we want to be destroying the likes of Downey at 3 or Coleman at 6. Ye’ll be fine. Cork by at least 3, or else they genuinely are at nothing.

These idiots actually think we’ll win an AI starting Lehane.

1 Like

Daire O’Leary or Lyons, but the former is a converted full-back and the latter is just out of Minor. Cahalane is probably still our best option there.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Good win. Great to see the form of Millerick, Cahalane and Fitzgibbon currently. Hopefully we see Daire O’Leary again the next day. Very hard to justify starting Keane again, was always a few steps off everything yesterday - would like to see someone else start, perhaps Colin O’Brien.

2 Likes

Keane is not an inter county senior hurler. Big difference between junior hurling in Cork.

1 Like

To be fair, he needs time. I would not be drawing a line through him.

1 Like

Yeah I know, I can see what Cork are after (the same as what we need) a ball winning, athlete who can mix it up around the middle third

That’s it. We have enough ‘hurlers’.

A consistent Darragh Fitz would be a massive bonus, a few young lads making waves as well,
No reason they can’t be number 2 again this year, drawing closer and gaining experience for a huge assault in 23, hopefully , and I think he will, Hoggy gives it two more years, quit at the top

1 Like

Young Joyce really impressed me. He’ll be a huge player.

Fitzgibbon is only 24 he could be a huge player for cork. People forget at that age Declan hannon was almost lost and many Limerick fans wanted him gone.

I can’t really see cork challenging with Horgan starting. He’s load of hurling obviously but off the ball he’ll cause cork too many issues particularly as teams are so good at working the ball through the lines. Simply doesn’t have the legs to lead the defence from the front and that causes issues for his team mates.

What legs does say an Aaron Gillane have that Hoggy doesn’t? Of all the issues in the Cork team, Hoggy is the least we have to worry about. He’ll show up come the end of April.

Gillanes is able to close his man down and he’s been dropped from the team before. Obviously helps having Flanagan at 14 and casey/Graeme.

It’s slipping with Limerick tbf but as long as ye are carrying hogan ye won’t win an all Ireland. He’s a luxury player. Still useful off the bench.

It’s so easy to expose cork when he’s on the pitch.

1 Like

He is completely unable to do anything defensively off the ball, it’s a massive issue.

1 Like

I agree off the ball he’s not the greatest worker. But he simply has to play he’s one of the best forwards in the country still.

2 Likes

Jesus if Hoggy isn’t worth a spot on that Cork team then its all the one.

He was their best player in 2021.

5 Likes

It’s like messi with psg. It’ll always work to a certain extent but it won’t work against good teams. It’s a system nowadays and the good ones expose Horgan.

And one of the best yesterday as well, unbelievable that a gym monkey world wouldn’t have him on the Cork team :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hoggy is worth the admission fee alone when he plays.

Sad the way the game is gone that hatchet men like WOD, Hegarty and Flanagan are now seen as more effective. A hurley is like a wand in Hoggy’s hand whereas its a billhook in the hands of these Limerick savages.

4 Likes

Set up both goals yesterday, scored a few from play, touch was as good as ever, clever flicks and hand passes to make space and set up scores, proven freetaker, time waits for no man but it hasn’t caught up yet

1 Like