Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Do Cork have three better inside forwards than Horgan? If not then then he should start, I think his workrate is a lot better than what it was in the first half of his career. His free taking and ability to read the play and make things happen with the ball in his hand would be very hard to replace.

Nothing against the likes of Alan Cadogan, Declan Dalton or the younger chaps in Barrett and O’Connor who have a lot of potential but I would be more worried of what would come from Pat Horgan if he got 4 clean balls into his hand than half a dozen in those lads possession.

5 Likes

What’s feeling Cork about your footballers. Relegation a possibility?
Bottom part of division 2 is not where, I imagine, Cork would see themselves

1 Like

Similar things were said about shane dowling in 2018.

It isn’t about getting your best individual players on the pitch. It’s about getting the players who complement each other to become a team on the pitch.

Horgan hinders cork.

1 Like

Not really.

Will you pick out the game for me please where he was the one exposed? I don’t think Dan Morrissey getting the ball in the full back line is where the match is won and lost.

Lehane in full flight is a wonderful hurler. He has all the skills. Is it a lack of consistency that’s irks you or do you think he’s windy or what?

Watch the all Ireland final last year and watch Limerick move the ball throw the lines.

Also note cork trying the same thing but failing to do so multiple times.

1 Like

Na. Limerick have been a catalyst for work rate and physicality in the modern game. But I can’t accept a world in which Will O’Donoghue or Pat Ryan are great assets but Hoggy is not, as another poster said above.

If you’re talking about the All Ireland final, Hoggy was our only player to show up and take the fight to Limerick alongside Harnedy.

To blame the inability to turn over ball up front on one player is incorrect. Yesterday, Cork managed to do so several times due to ferocious work rate from the likes of Barrett, Lehane etc albeit with the help of Limerick’s poor first touch. It’s a collective application not down to one player.

I do acknowledge Hoggy is not going to get Cork 3 or 4 turnovers in the FF line, and say a Pat Ryan could. I can safely say which player would contribute more to the scoreboard however come the big occasion.

1 Like

How many All Ireland medals has Hoggy boy?

Highly inconsistent but also has the same issue as Hoggy - makes zero impact on the defensive side of things.

Cork wilL win fuck all. Period.

1 Like

Looking at the game the other day and close ups of the selectors it looks like Pat Mulcahy is de facto manager. Sullivan is no where to be seen.

Word is Mulcahy is taking over as manager next yr with Furlong as deputy and they’ve already taken over all the coaching/tactics. There was a bit of cutting in the team last Sunday for the 1st time in nearly 20 yrs. Hardly coincidental.

2 Likes

Cork must be favourites for the all- Ireland now

1 Like

8-1 with the bookies,

You could make a fortune

TJ Ryan believes so.

Mulcahy’s finger prints all over that team Sunday for sure.

James Joxer O Connor has taken over Middleton

In the midst of the excitement at Harry Ruddle’s last gasp heroics, I had no idea Joxer resigned in the Ballyhale dressing room immediately afterwards until the weekend just gone.

Also heard Joey Holden called time on his club career on the bus home, but that may well have been heat of the moment stuff.

Will you be sure to let us know when you get confirmation?