Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

The players that he has traditionally struggled with the most are the ones that just run directly at him and don’t give a fuck about steps. Finn tries to hold players up & waits for them to play the ball on the hurley and then he strikes.

Certain players don’t bother playing the ball, they just keep running until they score or the referee blows the whistle. It’s not an ineffective tactic, as referees tend to give the benefit of the doubt to attacking players.

1 Like

So basically he has been under pressure on rare occasions from the type of forward that every single defender in the history of the game has

Finn is the Greatest of them all

How many four time all star corner backs are there?

good question actually

Maybe Jackie Tyrell, Michael Kavanagh, John Horgan

1 Like

How many has Michael Kavanagh off the back of being part of a dominant Team?

I agree that number of All Stars won isn’t the measuring stick

Just use your own eyes. He’s absolutely phenomenal. There has never been anyone better.

No, All Stars are the yardstick now.

Of course it’s not the yardstick. It’s not a bad indicator of whether you’d at least be in the conversation though.

Agreed

Finn is phenomenal but Cathal Barrett is the greatest corner back of all time.

Ollie Canning for me, but Finn may overtake him soon.

Likes of Michael Kavanagh were lucky to be party of a great team. The difference is Finn strongly helps elevate a team like Limerick, and his teammates are lucky to play with him

Paul Murphy and Canning would have 4. Think Hanamy has three or four. I’m sure there are a few older stocks from Cork and Kilkenny who have 4 as well

1 Like

2 Likes

Ffs

I debated the weirdo thread. Given the circumstances I left it off.

1 Like

Keith Ricken being badly found out.

3 Likes

I really hope he can turn it around. Huge difference between managing boys and men.

That Cork football job must be the most difficult job in inter county.

2 Likes

Doesn’t help with some very good players refuse a call up.

Cork will beat down this weekend