Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Great win for Roco.

Are the three Buckley’s cousins or what?

Thats an incredibly young 26 picked. 13 of them under 22 this year I make it.

You can’t say they haven’t tried lads.

3 Likes

This fucking Cork game isn’t on Gaa Go???

1 Like

Another thing. Where is Darragh Flynn? In my eyes he was the most impressive of yer 20s in the past two years after Joyce.

1 Like

Dropped for togging out with the club in junior Munster final is what I heard

Gone from the panel. Colin O’Brien gone as well.

What’s the story there? Was he injured or something?

Did Mark keane not play in it?

1 Like

He was injured on and off. He played in final didn’t play semi. I’d guess he is recovering from an injury rather than anything more sinister than that

I see a fair few of ya’s turned up in Wexford Town. Fair play.

1 Like

Yes, recovering from injury at the time and told to not tog out. Dropped from panel when he togged out then, no doubt he’ll be back

1 Like

What would people reckon will be the championship team in 4 or so week’s time? Currently, I’d imagine they’d pick:

Collins

O’Donoghue D. O’Leary N. O’Leary

O’Mahony Coleman Joyce

Millerick Fitzgibbon

O’Flynn Barrett Harnedy

Lehane Horgan Kingston

Think for all the talk of developing the panel, there is still obvious issues in terms of competition at corner-back, midfield and half-forward specifically. Harnedy and Niall O’Leary will be lucky to start for example, but there is no other options.

Ah here boy, Harnedy has fuck all to prove at this stage . Come back to this when he fails to produce in championship. He is one of the few whos character isnt in question

2 Likes

His form has been below average to mediocre for about three years now. You haven’t been paying attention. Of that 15 his place is far from cemented.

He’s still u20. I agree he’s a superb talent but very light at this stage. With the new rules at u20 it’s no harm to keep himself and Cahalane playing at that grade for one more year.

I was there for the seond half of last years all ireland when he was one of only two to stand up. Maybe you were half way home?

Can’t understand Cork people questioning Harnedy’s place. He has to be one of the first on the team sheet for his ball winning, cutting and heart alone - something this team has lacked in the past.

1 Like

The Cork lads want more lads who are very fast, lovely neat and tidy hurlers

2 Likes

I know it was tinpot stuff in front of Rob Ryan and a few journalists but Harnedy was good too against Tipp in 2020.

I think there’s a misconception that small and quick means better technique.

It was unforced errors that did for Cork in the first half of the All Ireland Final. They made 3 times as many as Limerick.

3 Likes