Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Pressure. Exerted by Limerick. That’s what did it.

Careful now or you’ll tie yourself up in knots

Definitely agree it was fear/anticipation of the Limerick tackle that fried their brains but they were dropping balls and misplacing passes everywhere, even when free. I actually dont mind their forwards when theyve the right ball.

My main point really was that even taking physicality out of it, they weren’t a slick hurling team that moved the ball well last season. Tipp, who you’d never think would be stuck for wristy hurlers seem to struggle to make the 40 yard stick passes work too.

It was nerves. It was a long time since Cork had been in a big match.

1 Like

Combination of everything, nerves, expectation lack of experience. Even the u20s and minor victories that week didnt helped the cause. Heaped more pressure on if anything.

2 Likes

Big thing in soccer at the moment is supposed to be ‘technical security’ and teams withstanding the opposition press by being strong enough and good enough to pass from the back out under pressure.

Limerick have loads of that, especially with Nash, Hayes Hannon with Lynch and Donovan as linkmen plus WOD, Hayes breaking tackles…Definitely think Cork have the forwards to do damage if their backs can get them usable ball

The absolute worst thing that Cork can do in 4 weeks time is come out with all guns blazing. The aggression needs to be controlled. Sully breaking hurleys off the dressing wall ten minutes before throw in aint going to be the way to beat Limerick.

3 Likes

Yeah, break tackles not hurleys!

2 Likes

Heaped Mike? Really??

1. Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig)
  2. Niall O’Leary (Castlelyons)
  3. Daire O’Leary (Watergrasshill)
  4. Damien Cahalane (St Finbarr’s)
  5. Robert Downey (Glen Rovers)
  6. Mark Colman (Blarney) Captain
  7. Ciarán Joyce (Castlemartyr)
  8. Darragh Fitzgibbon (Charleville)
  9. Ger Millerick (Fr O’Neills)
  10. Robbie O’Flynn (Erins Own)
  11. Shane Barrett (Blarney)
  12. Conor Lehane (Midleton)
  13. Alan Connolly (Blackrock)
  14. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)
  15. Shane Kingston (Douglas)
  16. Ger Collins (Ballinhassig)
  17. Sean O’Leary Hayes (Midleton)
  18. Tommy O’Connell (Midleton)
  19. Sam Quirke (Midleton)
  20. Luke Meade (Newcestown)
  21. Tim O’Mahony (Newtownshandrum)
  22. Mark Keane (Ballygiblin)
  23. Conor Cahalane (St Finbarr’s)
  24. Seamus Harnedy (St Ita’s)
  25. Jack O’Connor (Sarsfields)
  26. Sean Twomey (Courcey Rovers)

Could very easily be our championship team, plus O’Donoghue and O’Mahony. When is the former back?

€3 for a cup of tae in PUC. Some gouging to pay back the vanity project

@backinatracksuit , I was drinking with John Browne all night.

Did he thank you for the lift home?

Christ Daire O’Leary was shocking in that first half.

Anyone watch the U-20s?

On the free pints again in the royal box?

Free drinks for cork heads

I’m fucking cut up bro

They were very rusty. A lot of basic mistakes RE first touch, accuracy of passing etc. I’d expect a significant improvement come championship.

Cork were without Flynn, Leahy and a few more. Ben O’Connor was playing rugby today but I believe is available for championship.

Jack Cahalane and Ethan Twomey were very good.

1 Like