Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Meehan has a very bad hamstring injury. Season, at best, is done

Spillane will bat away mad off his own bat, he is not sent out by anyone

you are the one mugged if you think the league match in Killarney last week is an indication of much and are using it as an example of mugging off

Kerry hammered Tyrone in Killarney last year in the league , lost to them narrowly last week. league matches between them dont matter a jot come summer time

Kerry have won 3 out their last 4 championship matches against Tyrone. I am confident that will be 4 out of 5 later this year if they meet.

Is say you were confident last year too and all it got you was a hole opening

absolutely, we leak shitty goals

of course I was, a kerry fan indeed any supporter of a team in the last 4 should always be confident heading into an all ireland semi final. no point heading down Jones Road to the match downbeat

we were beaten by the better team on the day, not sure that is a hole opening

Who lost to Tipp the next day

Cork

Haven’t seem Wahurford play this year, is it Bennett/Hutchinson inside? I assume Joyce will be a freeman.

You can’t leave a free man vs Waterford. They will run hard outside with the extra man. I assume Joyce will fill the role of the corner back who follows out the field.

2 Likes

You can. Your forwards must be willing to pick up the slack outside though and work incredibly hard

Waterford tried running through Limerick last year and look where it got them. Running into the likes of hegarty, Hayes, Byrnes etc is insane.

Chance of a hole opening here? Cahill is Cork’s kyptonite.

But running at the likes of Downey is a different story altogether.

I’m not sure he’ll be as exposed at half back tbh.

Way more exposed to their running game at wing back rather than FB.

I’d strongly disagree. I think he can be a good half back. He’s a sitting duck at 3.

A well coached team will deal with Waterfords running game at ease and hit them repeatedly after turn overs.

The game has moved on imo.

We’ll agree to differ. Hopefully it is a good game

1 Like

Enjoy it!

A full-pace Waterford forward running at Downey one-on-one anywhere is going to cause him bother. And I would agree that the way Waterford play is that they try and create those match-ups out the field, where they try and isolate defenders and just run hard at them, with support runners off the shoulder. Anybody not tracking the runner gets exposed brutally.

However, because they are running from out the field, you also have a better chance of stopping them hitting full speed because you potentially have a lot of bodies in that area yourself. If you’re half-forward line & midfield are working hard, you’re making it a real battle for them to win the ball and very difficult for them to get moving forwards. If Cork do that, Downey should be alright there.

1 Like

Sounds like we are back t9 being fucked again. Too late to ditch the Coleman project?