Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

To be honest, this match didn’t matter. Limerick were very poor against Clare (although the wind fucked the game), and apparently Cork weren’t great against Clare either.

Both sides are through, this really starts now and it’s good to have two games under your belt to identify flaws in the system. Both sides have players to come back, was delighted to see POD (even though he didn’t really do a whole pile) & John Kirby back for Limerick, we’ll need both.

Hogan & Walsh will presumably start next week anyway which will strengthen Cork a bit, and if Flynn makes it too, that will make a big difference. Is Daire O’Leary definitely still out for next week, obviously the Cork seniors don’t have a game? It’s tough with someone like O’Connor; obviously not 100% committed yet but you don’t want to lose him completely either, it’s probably worth having him on the panel at least.

I thought Brian O’Sullivan started really well but when Limerick started to get on top on the Cork long puckouts, Cork needed their midfield to win a few more breaks, Quilty was very dominant I felt. We actually struggled on the Cork short puckout early on and Cork got a few scores from working it out. We squeezed up a bit further then and had a lot of joy.

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

What happened here?

@Julio_Geordio was wrong about good losers

2 Likes

Not surprised by the U-20 result, they looked poor against Clare, and the set up of the team is clearly off. Wouldn’t expect them to get a result against Tipp in Thurles.

1 Like

Shrewd bit of business by sports direct and mike Ashley sponsoring cork gaa. 2nd largest population in Ireland, dual county and passionate about gaa. Guaranteed to sell jerseys with his logo all over it but sticking in a bonus for winning AIs, brilliant. He uses cheap labour and cheap advertising. Cork surely has the largest gaa jersey sales in the country

1 Like

That’s the stuff fella,
Sure winning means nothing if you can’t shove the oppositions face in it.
Good for you :clap::clap:

Any more tittle tattle about ex Cork hurlers?

1 Like

Ive nothing on ex cork hurlers, i know a few and are salt of the earth. But youve completely missed my point that the cork county board have sold the supporters out for a song to be a massive walking billboard for one of the most awful businesses in Ireland and the UK. How fo you feel when you see how Sports Direct treat their workers and viscously oppose unionisation for their rights.

I didn’t reply to that post, but as you mention it it seemed like nonsense likebait based around the premise of Ashley paying out an All Ireland winning bonus as nonsensical.

But I didn’t reply to that post

My apologies @Julio_Geordio is still wrong

Ah, that’s a pity
Because I really appreciated that little pat on the head, bad winners but good losers. :+1:
We must have been intolerable up until 17 years ago, :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is hurting lads

1 Like

Sure we have won as many AI as cork in 4 years as ye have in 30 now…

1 Like

That’s a completely pointless (but true) observation as a response to this conversation.
But you’ve attracted the attention of the biggest wanker on the forum :persevere: he’s loving this so I’d rather not give him the satisfaction, have a good day, hope you’re enjoying work this week :+1:

2 Likes

The Carkies have been mentally broken.

2 Likes

Graeme Mul’s horsing and jostling of Coleman changed the course of hurling history.

10 Likes

Aaaaaand, on it goes,
Corclejerk of the lads who’ve never done a thing other than turn up to watch a few matches

All that matters is lording it on the internet :joy:

1 Like

Another circle jerk destroyed. How does he do it :man_shrugging:

Sitting in a corner in Saint Anne’s mental asylum… rocking back & forth, drool dripping from an open mouth. Shell shocked.

Mul changed history.

It is their identity. They will be back to thomond now in a few years for another bandwagon. But sure isn’t it better than having them at home bating the wives

1 Like