Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

How do Ger Cunningham and Mulcahy have a better coaching resume than Pat Ryan? When was the last time a Donal O’Grady coached team won anything?

Are you suggesting the coach of a double AI winning U-20 Cork team shouldn’t be first in line for the job?

They were very mediocre against KK and carried the same level of performance into the Waterford game.

I am a loss to know as to who can fix Cork’s problems

Pat Ryan is probably next up alright

There’s about two dozen lads here who know how to fix it :man_shrugging:

Says the fella who maintained Cork wouldn’t be bate and would most likely win comfortably yesterday

2 Likes

I’ll admit I’m clueless, what’s your point?

I wouldn’t be sniping at other fellas having an opinion when your own was shown up a day previous

2 Likes

I haven’t an iota, I never said I did, I just like watching the games.
What’s your point,

I just said what it was. You made a quip about 2 dozen fellas knowing how to fix Cork hurling as much to say there are a group of spoofers here who proclaim to know it all yet you had no problem making fairly arrogant assumptions last week.

We are all entitled to share our thoughts but I wouldn’t be throwing little digs like that after your misplaced arrogance last week

1 Like

Look, I’ll say it again.
I haven’t a fucking clue about hurling really, I like watching the games and I played a little myself as a chap, I never pretend to.
If I made an ‘arrogant’ statement it was a bit of a laugh, if my comment a few minutes ago cut you then I apologise, you are one of the small handful of people here who’s opinion on hurling I’d respect, I suspect you’ve been involved in playing and coaching to a decent level

I didn’t find it cutting but I thought it off that a fella who was making bullish claims about Cork winning and winning well last week despite there being plenty of reasoned debate as to why they probably wouldn’t and then decide to make a quip as if to say there are two dozen lads spoofing on about how to fix Cork when they were proven right yesterday

There is a high road and low road and I thought your comment to dismiss others was somewhat crass given what you and other cork posters where saying last week

Jesus, I actually can’t believe that you’ve taken any of my comments so seriously, either last week or that little silly comment I made a while ago which was clearly throwaway

Next you’ll be denying you thought Fitzgibbon was the real deal.

1 Like

He looked like a great hurler a few years ago, he has it in him.
But don’t ask me how to fix him :man_shrugging:

@backinatracksuit modus operandi on hurling threads is to try really really hard to come across like none of it really matters to him, because he’s better than you and has so many more important things to be doing in his life than worrying about hurling matches. It’s all just a bit of craic for God’s sake etc etc.

Still though, he puts the time in to read through hurling threads, post in them, vote for the obvious underdogs in polls and when replied to take the opportunity to remind you that he has very little interest in it, just enjoys watching the games, all just a bit of craic, don’t take it so seriously etc etc etc. A bit of a paradox.

:sleeping:

2 Likes

I don’t take hurling seriously, I don’t profess to be an expert on any level, I love watching the game as entertainment.
This all seems to be very hard for you to understand as you have this repeating mantra about my interest in the game.
Is it really that weird for you that somebody would enjoy something without it being life and death to them?
I dunno :man_shrugging:

I didn’t see yesterdays game

1 Like

Limerick still battering Cork two weeks later good grief.

3 Likes

Jez you seem like great craic altogether lad.

happy grumpy cat GIF

3 Likes

So you shouldn’t get any bit of stick for being clueless/wrong/arrogant in your views because you only like it a little bit and it doesn’t really matter anyway is it? That seems to be your view on it.

I would have thought getting a little bit of stick on being consistently wrong/clueless/arrogant on something you cared little about wouldn’t bother you

3 Likes

Just to save all this confusion. Here’s an idea - attach a barometer at the end of each of your posts to differentiate when you’re talking shite, you’re possibly talking shite or you’re absolutely talking shite.

3 Likes