Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

This could be invaluable to the forum for a vast number of posters. Can we investigate this please Rocko?

@thelimericks entire personality is now entangled with the fortunes of their senior hurling team.

We deserve it after Clare surrender
Not even funny at this stage how fuckin poor/ gutless/ rudderless we’ve become
Anthony Dalo went easy on us in his criticism
County board left this shit management team to go on
Team totally demoralised
Need a root n branch clear out
Forget this and last season
Start afresh in 23 with a swathe of under 20s and a handful of the present lineup
Cork hurling folk have had enough at this stage
Pride is long gone in the jersey
The fuckin rock and co are bloody clueless and the shagging excuse Kingston made ref his team not being able to take criticism etc is abysmal
No other hurling country would put up with it
And the bloody huge budget they have is wasted

I think Cork have had a bit of an identity crisis for the last 15 or 16 years.
When they they were going for the 3 in a row in 06 it was Kilkenny who first took them on with that pressing game and really suffocated them in that final. In the intervening years they have looked rudderless. JBM nearly turned water into wine in 13 but fell just short and the 2019 semi final defeat to Limerick was probably one that got away albeit they would have been no sure thing against Galway.

Some of the problems or identity crisis can probably stem back to the schools hurling. Around 2005 or 2006 Farranferris closed which would have been a good nursey on the west side of the city for any kid coming from that side. St Colmans stopped the boarding maybe a year or 2 before that again who were a powerhouse at the time. They had the whole of North Cork cornered off along with some imports from Waterford around Tallow direction and of course Andrew O Shaughnessy. You also had the Mon or North Mon who were devolved into 2 teams with the Gaeilchoiste having their own standalone team although I think they have joined forces once again. Its impossible to understate how important it is to have good schools hurling. Whatever about clubs, you only have those kids for a couple of hours 2 or 3 nights a week. In some of those schools they could be training twice a day. This is important in those formative years. Ardscoil Ris had played a vital role in Limericks recent success. Cork have experienced a lot of growing pains over the last decade and a half from not having these traditional institutions to fall back on.

4 Likes

Cork team v Kerry

That’s a good team, should be too strong for Kerry at home

7 Likes

Remember last year when the cork management said there was a storm coming to Killarney and went onto lose by 22pts :grimacing:

Maguire’s made it back from an injury, that’s a decent full forward line. John Cleary’s been in charge for the past month.

They might make a game for an hour.

1 Like

Isnt it correct to say no Cork team has ever won an All Ireland without a Farranferris man starting?

Hoggy could have gone there but fairly sure he was North Mon

1 Like

My point about tradition the other day which fellas laughed at also rings true here.

Colmans, North Mon and Farranferris were all proper hurling schools.

Last i heard Cork are now depending on CBC to produce hurlers. I mean FFS.

1 Like

Hoggy went to the Mon

2 Likes

Midleton CBS says hello

2 Likes

You’re carkness sickened me you arrogant fucker

Chemical Noelie

It’s a v v weak team. There is a player on the bench who has never played an adult game for his club

Powter on the bench?

Future hall of famer

I hope so. I really do

Tommy Walsh?

Brian Hayes should have been brought onto the hurling panel and developed.

Where in Cork is the Eire Og club based?