Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

We’ll see soon enough I suppose. I doubt “Hoggy Boi“ has many years left in him

They will have to win 3 or 4 to back up the hype there at the moment. This year won’t count as one obviously so 3 or 4 more from 2021.

I’d love to see them doing it and prove themselves to be a good side. All the accusations around JP money buying them the success and then being gym monkeys will be parked then

We’re in bonus territory now

1 Like

Is this year 16 for Cark?

Its the only way he’ll go if he’s heart isn’t in it. Hes too class would be a shame for a player like him not to win an AI

1 Like

What’s he now, 32 or 33?

Going back to 2013/2014, the main men in attack were Horgan, Harnedy and Lehane. All three still started v Waterford. That’s an awful lot of hurling under their belt since then.

The good Cadogan was a big loss. There doesn’t seem to be much coaching or tactical awareness with this group of players. Ok, it was Kingston’s first year back but next year he needs to really put his stamp on this team.

Obviously you can’t blame a manager for lack of guts when it happens again and again under the same group of players in different set ups.

1 Like

Ah ye are based on the history of Limerick hurling but the hype and the quality around this team means 5 all Ireland or bust surely.

Yeah. Don’t think they’ll go 45 years though.

I can see what you are trying to do here Dan.

1 Like

Huh? I’m half Limerick. I’d love to see them do it. But they need to do to avoid being one or even two hit wonders would be a shocking shame. Especially in a period when Cork are gone, KK are only fair and Tipp inconsistent.

Dalton is slower again than Horgan though

Genuine question here, how did that arrogance manifest itself pre internet?
I’m the same age as you and I only ever recall great banter between the supporters of Munster teams, brilliant contests between Cork and Limerick all through the 80s, was their Cork lads giving it big licks after those games?

The arrogance I speak of is all internet stuff, the Corkness thing was a silly word uttered by somebody who should have known better. They lost a game yesterday agains a very good team, nobody is losing terribly bothered except the Limerick lads

1 Like

True. But it has to be one game at a time. I don’t think any of the older supporters are getting carried away. Seen too much.

I would have called it confidence rather than arrogance. You’d be beaten when you’d hear that roar from the Blackrock end.

I don’t know about that. Not too many Limerick spring chickens in here

Carkness

1 Like

That says more about the opposition than Cork really.

We’ll bate all before us this year. And I’ll make you watch

1 Like

Saying that wasn’t it a loud roar did for Limerick in 07

When you’ve seen ‘94 you don’t take anything for granted. Not to mind ‘96.

3 Likes