Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

He can hurl at this level a while yet but as you say his call .

Hoggy is gone Iā€™d say

Say heā€™s had enough

Like joe Canning , one man team really

Ye better get used to it

Lehanes a lazy bollox,and heā€™s not alone,Nash and his senseless pick outs, midfield lost everything, Harnedy and co need to fucking take a long look at themselves

Harnedy was much better than Horgan today

1 Like

A quote I thought Iā€™d never see in my lifetime a Cork person accusing Limerick people of arrogance I grew up as a child on Corks arrogance but to be fair they backed it up

1 Like

Today only, Horgan has made us look respectable for years, covered up for the rest of the bunch by consistently scoring, 42 goals quoted today

That include your rugby :innocent:

Ye have plenty of good hurlers in the county that could be given game time ahead of the tried and failed. Limerick are in with a chance, nothing more

That wouldnā€™t be the worry. We wonā€™t get worse without Horgan. We only beat Dublin with him ffs.

Outside of the goal he did diddly squat yesterday.

2 Likes

Not much to say about yesterday. Game was there to be won and we didnā€™t win it.

Management left a lot to be desired, bringing on Lehane and leaving Walsh on the bench for so long when our forwards won absolutely nothing. Puck-outs were shocking against Waterford as well as yesterday.

Will be interesting to see if Nash, Lehane, Cooper, Horgan, McDonnell etc are still there next year. Some good blooding of players but Downey was fairly disappointing at 6; this still seems to be a position we are stuck for.

Harsh enough. Donā€™t under estimate the value of a good free taker either

In fairness there is quite a bit of arrogance around Limerick hurling supporters at the moment. Itā€™s understandable and reminds me a little bit of Clare supporters in the mid 90s. Clare back it up with two All Irelands in three years, and arguably their best team was '98 when they should have won it. People can talk about that being a poor era for hurling standards, but Kilkenny, Cork and Tipp have all racked up All Irelands during poor eras as well.

Limerick have still won just one All Ireland in the past half century. There is an expectation (and FWIW, Iā€™d fully expect myself) that this team will win more. They won an All Ireland and a couple of leagues at this stage, and have underage success. I would think itā€™s far more likely theyā€™ll win another All Ireland before Tipp will, for example.

My father golfs in Adare. Heā€™s been listening to it for two years. Even when Tipp won last year, the common narrative was that Limerick would have bate Tipp if they had got over Kilkenny. Theyā€™d their eye off the ball, etc. Iā€™ve seen Tipp take the eye off the ball before (for example, 2015, when there was an expectation that Tipp v KK would be final). KK never think like that. When I was supping pints in the Burlington in 2010, I didnā€™t think it would be 6 years before a Tipp captain was climbing the steps again for a Senior AI final. As a county, we got carried away to an extent after 2010.

Anybody I speak to from Limerick considers not winning the AI this year to be a disappointing year.

2 Likes

Dalton is a better free taker

Only for Horgan ye would have won a few national titlesā€¦ Joe Mcdonagh Cups

Anyone from KK or Tipp considers not winning the AI any year to be a disappointing year. Hardly arrogance for limerick to want to win it. Ye just arenā€™t used to it

4 Likes

I doubt there is many free takers better than Horgan. Itā€™s easy do it in club or 21s or whatever. Different level of pressure altogether

1 Like

Dalton is better, ice in his veins. Best pure striker of ball ive seen.

1 Like