Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

He said to himself “I’m gonna stay on” then probably got told by his mates “it’s not worth it pal”.

1 Like

Presume Mulcahy will be announced asap.

The Carkies are in civil war mode

A good guy, say what you want about the cork team etc but you summed it up. A gent and a true gaa man. Put everything into the job

2 Likes

On about Landers i presume?

By God

Kingston is a gent, but many of those Cork performances in big games have been unacceptable so what are pundits supposed to do?

The Rock hasn’t a leg to stand on, as a coaching team, they didn’t get enough out of a talented group. He should accept that, they were unlucky against Galway; but they haven’t done enough overall.

3 Likes

I told you 2 weeks ago he was gone. Furlong is the new manager.

Landers was soft enough on him no?

Plus his own supposed area of expertise, defending, was consistently the biggest weakness we had. What did the rock do to develop our next long term full back or improve our defending :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Pitch encroachment, fine coming

1 Like

He wants to stay on too :rofl:

Obviously, without being within the setup, it’s hard to know exactly what each member of the backroom offers. Ideally, they should have a clearly-defined role and be contributing something, whether it be an opinion/coaching/whatever.

But from the stories you do hear from people involved around Cork, it would seem like Kingston’s biggest failing was possibly not surrounding himself with the right people. The management ticket lives and dies as one; the man at the top has to be ruthless to make sure everyone below him is contributing.

3 Likes

They are too palsie walsie with the players as Richie Bennis would say.

Is John Meyler busy? A fresh face was needed anyway :+1:

Coached a Tony Forristal winning team.

The Living Room is gone very popular on match days. Was packed for the All-Ireland Football Final last year. Queues going down way down the street on May 29th this year when a huge number of sporting finals were being played on the one day.