Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

So Pat Ryan is in the job 12 hours and first thing he does is ring Colin O’Brien and tells him he is back on panel? Do not believe everything you read on peoples republic.

1 Like

I have it on good authority that O Brien was his first call.

3 Likes

Sure why not.

Rang her before the wife

4 Likes

Is he making a bit of a tit of himself here? Maybe @fenwaypark @gilgamboa @Turenne or other noted Cork posters elaborate? Who’s he on about, D Og? For the talent they have, perhaps his Cork team should’ve been better prepared?

1 Like

Mark Landers

2 Likes

Yes he is.

1 Like

Does that Landers cunt get on with anyone? Hated by the Cork CB. Hated by the Cork players. Hated by the current Cork manager. Hated by anyone with a pair of ears that has the misfortune to hear the cunt on Dalys podcast.

1 Like

A shill for the horsey crowd

Is there any redeeming quality about the horsey set?

Not one.

1 Like

I felt that myself, but I also realise I might have a bit of a thing agin them. Thank you for confirming though. They are the worst thing to happen to Ireland. Ever. Cromwell had at least one redeeming quality.

What in particular has Landers said to get people agitated? I’ve never listened to the podcast or seen him interviewed. Is he just negative/critical for the sake of being critical on a regular basis or what?

2 Likes

Landers & Nash apparently.

In a high performance, successful environment it shouldn’t matter a damn what outside voices are saying - good, bad or indifferent.

When Kingston named a dummy team for some challenge match and ended up starting Mark Keane, the alarm bells were ringing when he said they didn’t want to name him to start as it would put too much pressure on him and would add a few more to the gate. Christ.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what Pat Ryan did when in charge of u20s. He totally changed the culture of that group. That is why there is so much optimism with this appointment. If he can replicate that at senior level, we will be in a very good place.

1 Like

In a nutshell, easy to look for excuses when things are not going well.

Hate is such a strong word and it’s never nice to call people names. In saying that, I hate that cunt of a man Landers!

Was he captain in '99, started the speech with “You write the rebels off at your peril”? KK were favs alright, but most Sunday feature writers had tipped Cork that morning…