Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Yeah was a soft free. Thought Hayes was only OK. He is a big man alrihht but his hurling wasn’t great. Jack Cahalane was their biggest threat. Ben O Connor looked like a fella who hadn’t done much hurling

Was some free from Fitzgibbon their 2nd last score… He was on his own 21 I’d say

That’s the mindset Cork need to take on now. The new man will presumably be given 2 years at least to show green shoots…he should get as many young lads with the physical attributes (and ability obviously) in around the squad. If the buy in is there the sky is the limit.

2 Likes

2 years?

He’ll need at least 3 if not 5 in reality

Green shoots pal… I wouldn’t expect major results until the timeframe you’ve given

Exactly, youth needs patience is my thinking

For all his physical talents, BOC will not make it unless he commits to hurling. It let him down v Tipp u20s this year.

I’d say he’s not too worried about making it at the hurling to be honest

1 Like

Is he a cert to make it at the rubby?

No, but I would think that his focus is on trying to

No one is a cert, but lads who know a thing or two about these things, inform me he has a better chance than most. Doubt he will hurling again after leaving cert.

1 Like

Alan Connolly with 1 - 2 snatches the win for Blackrock over Sars.

Newtown beats Kanturk.

Well well well

Watched that via my examiner sub.

Sars are 4 points down going into ET and their keeper plays a short puckout that gets intercepted. Terrible game management that leads to a goal. The ref somehow managed to played 6 minutes added time.

Sars were much better although Watergrasshills Shane O Regan drove a penalty wide at another critical juncture. Standard was ok given the conditions but still a lot of tippy tappy.

2 Likes

Glen beat, Rockies win, Barrs drew.

Some strange if not unexpected results around the county.

Huge win for the Rockies, pressure on Sars now, although the Barrs have made a bollocks of it as well

Is there a playback option on the Examiner?

1 Like

Kanturk believed their hype

Newtown down to 14 for most of the second half and Kanturk got a late goal to make it look respectable. I hope ye took my advice.

1 Like

What were the strange results?