Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Yeah, theyll probably beat Kanturk to stay up but losing to Bishopstown was woeful.

1 Like

Just a shy lad. Wouldnt say stubborn. Happy to play with Ballyhea. Keeping them competitive single handley.

2 Likes

Confidence looked shot after last weekend. Shooting v poor Iā€™d say not far off 20 wides

sure grand out, once he is happy

Thats a fact. Inter county not for everyone.

6 Likes

Cork club football shaping up well between the Barrs, Nemo Rangers and Castlehaven.

1 Like

Fuck him and Iā€™m being kind at that
That prick alongside others didnā€™t help Cork hurling at all under Kingston
They let the same inane below par shite carry on year in year out
Captain Smith on the titanic bridge had better advice that O Sullivan and co to Kingston

Thereā€™s no fuckin excuse on earth to justify the shit show thatā€™s Cork hurling atm

Should have thought outside the box just for once and tried to seek out a manager without any connection to the county
But no itā€™s like the guy looking in the mirror with a big fuck off wart on his nose
And him thinking ā€œ sure itā€™ll be fixed one day- and itā€™ll go way itself ā€œ

Balie an Easpaig abu

An outside manager just for the sake of it :man_shrugging:
Why is Pat Ryan not to your liking?

1 Like

Pat Ryan was the obvious choice. If not him Ben Oā€™Connor. What outside manager will we give it to realistically? Sheedy? Daly?

1 Like

I donā€™t understand it at all, itā€™s not even as if outside managers have been successful elsewhere, was it Offaly that last won with one? (Who am I forgetting?)

Madness to even consider it

If they were bringing someone, Iā€™d have said Eamon Oā€™Shea into the backroom team. Gone with Sheedy now but a very imaginative forwards coach, especially for Corkā€™s type of forward. Would do a lot for a Shane Kingston type forward.

2 Likes

Outside coach, no problem with that if it was felt that he could make a difference

But what are you looking for in a young inter county manager, success at underage is a key indicator and Ryan has done that, why the fuck would you look outside the county when you have an outstanding candidate like that

1 Like

Absolutely, no need for an outside manager. Just thought Oā€™Shea especially wouldā€™ve been a good get as part of the ticket. Looking at what he did for players like Callanan and helping rejuvenate Lar Corbett.

He basically got Tipp moving the ball in a way that suited forwards as well, really clever diagonals and off the shoulder stuff.

Pat Ryan was the standout internal candidate but there is a world of difference between U20s and Senior Intercounty.

3 Likes

When I see the ticket as basically the U20 ticket, thats a massive red flag for me. Obviously, I hope he is a success but I have grave concerns.

1 Like

You could be right, I think theyā€™ve a huge chance of making the final next year. Iā€™d have liked to seen a real high level outside man in the backroom. The Galway performance was excellent and the form stood up.

1 Like

Likewise- under 20 is a world away from senior management

2 Likes

The days of selectors just standing on the sideline are gone. Selectors must have an area of expertise. I just dont see that with Cork.

2 Likes

One argument might be that despite the manager, Cork have more or less had the same style for 15 odd years now. An outside influence might change the culture to go a different directionā€¦ But Ryan deserves a shot as much as anyone.

1 Like