Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

We’ll win fuck all with Hoggy starting.

1 Like

You said everybody should shut their mouths?

I’m sure he watches hurling games regularly, he may know more about it than many others, at this stage of the season people make predictions, often they assume that the same results as last year won’t repeat exactly, some teams improve and others fall away, you’re dismissing his opinion cause it’s different from yours
Cork played well in last years championship after a poor start, a work in progress maybe

Crazy comment, wtf did you expect him to do? Drop Horgan from the panel? FFS he hasn’t even picked a championship 15 yet.

4 Likes

McDonnell is saying it is a much of a muchness outside of Limerick, which is correct. 2-7 can beat each other on any given.

Yep. Before the start of the season. Along the lines of ‘thanks hoggy but we are going with the young lads’.

Yeah that would have been a fantastic way to announce his new management. FFS.

As an aside, any opinion on Dalton playing half-forward? He is an inside forward or nothing imo.

It would have laid down a serious marker. Instead, you had hoggy do an interview basicially saying he should have started last year and expects to start this year. Hoggy is not a starter no more and wont be happy with an impact role. This just creates huge disarmony as witnessed by Ronaldo at utd. Hoggy is our ronaldo. Time will tell.

Deccie just wont do in any position on hard ground. He is just too slow.

1 Like

PR has to play the cards he is dealt. You basically want him to commit PR suicide the day he takes over - insanity.

If he gets on a ball close into goal anything can happen.

If.

I can see that, but by not taking firm action, he has started his tenure on a weak foundation imho.

1 Like

Fucking hell, can you imagine him instadropping Horgan the moment he takes over the team? Seriously???

I can’t imagine anything more stupid.

Not the very moment obviously but after that interview, a chat about the future might have been appropriate

Too slow for corner forward and I’d rather Connolly be given the keys at full forward. I wouldn’t mind seeing him centre forward but it would depend on who would be on the wings.

Might as well call it all off if Dalton and Hoggie are picked in the full forward line for Championship.

1 Like

Ah yeah we should definitely start Connolly who is months off starting.

1 Like

He’ll be back for Championship

To me Connolly is a throwback to a natural goalscoring inside forward like Fitzgibbon.

1 Like

He’s yet to show anywhere near his potential. He’s a complete forward who can strike over 5 or 6 points from play when he gets going. He was resigned to goal scorer role last season.

1 Like