Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

I think we have a great chance without Downey so long as O’Connor is up to speed -which is why his performance in this game is very important. Downey playing would be a huge plus as I think he’d clean out Shane O’Brien if he was casuing too much trouble inside.

Kevin Lyons still out is also a pity.

They must be very cautious with injuries still if Wilk is only on the bench and Leahy and O’Leary are both missing again.

A very strong team given the absences.

1 Like

Word is he’s put pen to paper with Munster this week.

hardly gonna risk an injured player with nothing at stake, cork already qualified for the final…

Great 2nd half by the U20s. Cunningham is deadly in fairness when he gets going

1 Like

Great fight by the lads to eek out a win. Should have been giving them a clipping but that will stand to them.

1 Like

William Buckley best for me.

Classy

Just in the door from that. That was a savage second half from our lads.

Mullins (again), Buckley and Cunningham really came to the fore for Cork. Saunderson’s puckouts were terrific as well. The forwards as a whole won some deadly ball.

The first half was awful and looked like Cork didn’t want to know about it. Our backs were 5 yards behind their men. All over, Limerick completely outhurled and outworked us. A very, very fortunate goal before half time was a real springboard for the team.

On a side note, the crowd was very disappointing. Only 735 at it.

3 Likes

Crazy. 2011 21s game had 10k or so at it on a Wednesday night.

2 Likes

That was a game for the ages

Been a 2nd half team in all the matches so far.

1 Like

One of my favourite days following Limerick. We were at a low point around then but that night there was
At least some optimism.

Was that the game where Downes ran the show?

Aidan Walsh was very good that night. Don’t think downes was brilliant. Graeme mul was very good. Hannon too.

We both were to be fair. That was our only decent u21 team really from 2010 right up to 2017. Cork hurling was in a very bad place with a few very bleak years after 2006.

Aidan Walsh was excellent. Think he got 8 points from play.

The years are flying. That doesn’t seem so long ago.

1 Like

Possibly wrong night I’m thinking of so. Aidan Walsh was a decent 21 player alright.

It didn’t take long for the corkness to return.

1 Like

Think Downes only got a point that night towards the end, was captain of that team iirc? He was very good in the previous game against Clare in Ennis alright. Aidan Walsh was the star that night alright. Cork had a good few went on to play senior from that team.