Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Wasn’t he a sub in Kingstons last year.

Huh.

Harty Cup Quarter Final Full Time Midleton CBS 2-17 De La Salle College 2-8

1 Like

Munster GAA Post Primary Schools Dr. Harty Cup Hurling Quarter Final Result - CBC Cork 1-13 (16) St. Colman’s Fermoy 1-12 (15)

1 Like

What were you saying about not winning the harty this year?

They don’t hand out trophies for winning quarter finals mate.

Only matters when it matters. This was knock out championship. Cant be drawing too many conclusions about group matches. Great to see your clubmates performing well.

A big loss . Is he near 30 ?

Around 30 ya. Good guy to take a score but a bit windy ?

He was excellent in 2018 but teams had him figured out last year and he was easily enough nullified once the space he wanted to roam into was occupied. Was a hit and miss midfielder for many years before 2018.

Not surprised that the new management don’t have him in their plans as he didn’t figure all that much under Kingston before and they really need to introduce a more robust type of player into their half forward line.

2 Likes

A bit of a Tony Kelly type figure

Were did it say they didn’t have him in their plans?

They didn’t, I am reading between the lines given that he was a sub battling with the likes of Lawton, Michael Cahalane and Luke O’Farrell to get gametime off the bench when two years ago when Kingston was last in charge.

‘Reading between the lines’ = talking a load of a bullshit. You’d have to be a special type of idiot to think they wouldn’t want Kearney involved.

He shouldn’t have fallen out with him the last time he was in charge so

I was above in the local bar the other night where young Kingston works and auld Kingston drops in for a pint regularly… I heard him talking to a staunch Douglas GAA man - telling him Kearney wasnt in their plans this year and he knew it so jumped before being pushed.

1 Like

Reading today’s examiner would lead you to believe that. Kearney has opted out, reasons given was that he has been made captain of Sarsfields and wanted a break from I/C.

Pretty obvious that if they wanted him he would have stayed on and he realised he would be back to a similar role as before under this management.

3 Likes

Imokilly 5/6
Douglas 13/2
Midleton 7/1
Glen Rovers 15/2
Sarsfields 10/1
Blackrock 14/1
Newtownshandrum 14/1
St. Finbarrs 20/1
Erin’s Own 25/1
UCC 25/1
Na Piarsaigh 28/1
Bishopstown 40/1
Ballyhea 66/1
Carrigtwohill 66/1
Muskerry 80/1
CIT 80/1
Avondhu 150/1
Carbery 150/1
Carrigdhoun 200/1
Duhallow 250/1

Would take a punt on the Glen and Sars big time there.

Midleton the bet.