Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Talk of Derek McGrath going in as Cork selector.

i tend to agree

1 Like

agree

No just no.

surely not?!!! do Cork really need to do this

That would absolutely finish them off for another 10 years.

2 Likes

Sure let them. What could possibly go wrong? :joy::joy:

surely surely they wouldnt

1 Like

Couldnt be any worse than Christy O Connor who ended up as forwards coach this yr.

1 Like

That’s right Christy initially was hired as a statistician, he was then co-opted to forwards coach. Apparently Derek McGrath will be the team bus driver & defensive coach for the coming campaign. The Rock is by all accounts delighted with his promotion to head bottle washer & helmet strap tightener.

Shots fired by Mark Foley (1990 AI winner). Maybe he should get involved in managing cork teams

2 Likes

Just watched the U-20 match there. Joyce, O’Brien and Barrett were best; O’Flynn, O’Leary, B.Roche and Connery were decent in parts as well, along with the goalie. In saying that, the full-back line is very poor and Tipp could have had 5 goals. Tommy O’Connell’s form seems very poor, interesting to see the likes of Twomey, O’Regan and Power starting last year but subs this year.

Definitely seems a good bit weaker than the 2018/2019 teams. Would have been interesting to see Ryan over those groups, instead of the shite the players actually got.

It’ll be interesting to see who actually ends up at senior level. Connery, Twomey and O’Connell are already there I believe. Joyce and Barrett seem the obvious ones. Have a feeling Brian Roche will end up on the senior squad as well at some stage. Hard to judge the lads straight out of Minor but Cahalane has a lot of the directness our inside forwards lack.

1 Like

Cahalane has everything you want in a top player.

1 Like

He could be just the man to stand in the middle of the dressing room screaming “we are Cork”!

4 Likes

I’d say Connery is the man for that. O’Regan can deputise, we’ll keep young Cahalane in reserve in case his nerves get to him and his voice fails him.

Connery is too small for half back line at senior intercounty. You could say same for half forward line too as half back and half forward lines are more interchangeable that ever. So midfield is his best chance.
@fenwaypark I like Cahalane but would not be as confident as you that he will make it. I agree with you about Joyce though.

1 Like

Cork look limited but gritty. Standard of both the Limerick and Tipp games was pretty poor. Galway looked limited enough themselves against the worst KK side Ive ever seen so an All Ire would be no great surprise. Even from a confidence pt of view it would be huge. The step up to senior is absolutely massive. The next few U21 sides should be better. The fact we haven’t got to the last 3 Munster minor finals is down to clowns like John Considine/Cusack being involved.

1 Like

Proper fcuking order Mark Foley. :grinning: