Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Decent game. Sars were fairly impressive. Very slick and worked hard

That was a 3 point hammering for the Barrs. They were poor - sloppy in possession and gave away a lot of stupid frees

Do 2 third place teams go through to quarters?

No, ye’ll be 4th anyway so all the one :smiley:

1 Like

Is it one goes through? If we win tomorrow id say we will be ok. Pissing rain in charleville 2 years in a row tis made for ye

Best group winner straight to the semi, 3 Q/F games with the 5 club teams plus the Divisional winner(Imokilly).

1 Like

That suggests only top 2 in each group get through .I thought at least one third place team was getting thru

I’m wrong actually. According to Wikipedia anyway, two lone preliminary quarter-finals feature the three third-placed teams from the group stage and the winners of the divisional and colleges section. Two teams qualify for the next round.The four quarter-finals feature the six teams from the group stage and the two preliminary quarter-final winners. Four teams qualify for the next round.

Jeez iv heard about 3 versions of the format tonight and that makes 4 :smiley: so 9 of 12 clubs still alive after the group stages

3 lads with Cork senior experience back for Kanturk tomorrow. Red hot favourites

Top seed straight into the semi final Other 5 clubs play with Imokilly in 1/4 finals

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

Pissing rain in their local field cancels that out straight away. Set up for ye. The value bet of the day is Newtown and sure who could begrudge ye

Top club gets a bye into the semis.

Other 5 clubs + winner of UCC/MTU/Divisions play QFs to provide the other 3 teams.

That’s my thinking on how it works.

Some amount of yerra-ing going on here

2 Likes

Nobody on here has a clue definitely anyway including me

Big time. We should bate the living shit out of them but we should have as well last year. If I had a million quid and I had to back one if them with it I wouldn’t be backing Newtown anyway

Kanturk isn’t far away from Charleville to be fair. Tim at best 50%, should be a cracker. Good to see a match local anyway.

1 Like

Wouldn’t agree with that. Don’t think Kanturk have the scoring power to destroy Newtown. Be something like 16 -15. Frees could decide it. Coughlan leathal from frees for Newtown.

1 Like

We missed a handy one to win it in inj time last week. If ye can keep a clean sheet ye will win

3pm on a sat now two weeks in a row is a desperate time for a game in fairness

Wet weather should suit Kanturk in my opinion, way more physical team. Very odd time I agree.