Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

I don’t think the wet suits them at all nullifies the pace of the young lads. Should be a big crowd all the same

1 Like

18 years and counting…never thought I’d ever see it in my formative years of the late 70s and early 80s going to matches, I’d say in their wildest nightmares they’d never have thought their northerly neighbours would be in the position they are now.

Wot? Wrong thread surely your northerly neighbours are cavan or someone?

Cc @ChairmanDan

4 Likes

Those @limericks can’t help themselves :joy:

1 Like

Limerick had very fine teams back then, there’d have been no reason to think they could never rise to the top,

But why don’t you try to enjoy it for what it is

1 Like

A few of those lads are full of spite. All they care about is driving it into the carkies and tippos.

1 Like

And I don’t know about Tipp…but here in Cork we would have been thrilled to see Limerick getting over the line when they shit the bed in 94, 96 and 07…I don’t know of any ill will towards Limerick at all …well until the carry on of some of their fans recently at least

2 Likes

Dry so far anyway. Should be a great crowd there.

Usual shite - them and Midleton are shapers.

Alan Connolly out for Rockies again.

I dont know, they looked to have a nice edge to them last night.

Rockies 12 Town 2 after 19 minutes - another city side on the way down.

Newtown well on top. Aidan Walsh off with a hamstring

1 Like

Newtown were well worth their win. Was a good game, ref left em flake away anyway. Experience of Newtown made a huge difference when the game was there to be won they scored some outstanding points

Not starting Browne and O’Sullivan was madness really but still, it was level with 10 minutes to go and Newtown know how to do enough to get over the line. They loved that win. Jamie Coughlan was unbelievable in the first half.

1 Like

Kanturk let em wrestle the momentum back they hadn’t scored in nearly 20 mins when Kanturk got it to 2 up but once they got level there was only one winner really.

Newtown are v ordinary at this stage, being rivited by the likes of Jamie Coughlan ffs. With the amount of intercounty players there produced recently Kanturk have been a serious disappointment.

1 Like

Fixed that for you. Cork will be back, most of them are gratuitous in defeat

Cant beat a bit of gratuity

1 Like