Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Hoggie?

Give him his full title ffs

Hoggie bai

Dalton has two limitations that mean he is not an elite inter county forward:

1. Pace
  2. Heā€™s one sided

The main problem with Collins is his shot stopping, Dalton has done very little hurling in goals so itā€™s hard to see him catching up with the likes of Quaid etc.

Imagine all the learning heā€™ll bring back from the Limerick Championship!

Hoggie be playing soccer any day now

And snooker

1 Like

Hes puck outs are just about average. Yes that galway match was embarrassing no forward pressing on him either. I was behind the goal end at that match. He did the same in a league game the same season iirc

Nothing wrong with his pace when he was leaving Tippos in his jetstream down in the Pairc this yr

Sir Hoggy Bai

1 Like

Puts one in mind of that old fable about the tortoise and the slug.

I agree with you about Dalton as an outfield player. He did well last year and those limitations you spoke of were not exposed. However, championship intensity increases exponentially once you get to knockout and I just feel he would be found wanting.

He is the best striker of a ball in cork, bar none. That would be a significant weapon the way the goal keeping role as evolved. His long range free taking ability is another reason to want him on the field of play.

It wont happen now as he as zero interest in that position.

2 Likes

Nicky quaid wasnā€™t exactly a great goal keeper until he came across kinnerk and co.

In fact loads of people within Limerick didnā€™t rate him.

2 Likes

A high hurling IQ is needed for that position. Quaid has it, and so does Dalton.

1 Like

He has great vision as well, real heads up kind of player

1 Like

Iā€™d refer back to what Jim mcguiness done with Donegal. He improved playerā€™s significantly. Itā€™s what the great coaches do.

Iā€™m no expert in the field but the biggest thing with puck outs I find is the receivers.

Iā€™d say that is as much an issue for cork as the goal keeper.

Quaid has the three or four long ball targets who he knows can make 50/50 balls in 70-30 balls.

He also has full confidence in the short options.

1 Like

I thought the Galway goal keeper eanna Murphy? Gave as good an exhibition of puck outs v Limerick in 2022.

This year he wasnā€™t really as good.

Thatā€™s a poor reflection on the coaching set up imo.

He might need a lift to training for a while.

I see we pulled out of the Tony Forristal due to the death of a recent panelist.

Yes. Fair play it was the right thing to do

1 Like

Fair enough.

I see we donā€™t even put up panels online for this anymore, I remember the Cork underage PR bring much better years ago. They donā€™t seem to bothered these days.

Also a load of complaining about Meyler and his treatment of his squads over the past two years.