Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Mallow U17 All Ire was A great tournament. I assume its been scraped.

1 Like

We seem to have participated anyway per twitter.

U16 beat Galways by a pt in semi final of some non named U16 tournment in Kilworth. Meyler and Seanie McGrath were on the line for Cork. I assume both where the A sides and the game was full on, heated and competitive.Dont have a clue as to the lineouts as no team selection available anywhere. Lim eased past Dublin before milling a tired Cork in the final.Limerick had a little lad playing half forward, Pa Kearney, who could make the ball sing.

Looking at other results and the state of the last 2 Cork minor sides it fair to say there has been a nice drop off in standard @ underage in the county.

Should be a good weekend of hurling hopefully. Interesting games across the grades.

2 Likes

Hear Robbie O’Flynn is back for Erin’s Own. Should swing it for them v O’Neills.

There was a junior hurling match on rebel tv tonight…

A Fr O’ Neills man told me that earlier on today. Reckons if he’s playing they’ll be up against it.

Great to see Coleman back. He’s been excellent coming off the bench for Blarney here.

A class act in fairness. Will be interesting to see where Pat Ryan tries him next year, I think his time in the backs is done. Shane Barrett impressive too at midfield. Pa O’Callaghan is some player in fairness, carrying a very poor Ballyea team.

1 Like

Ballyhea are very poor alright. Sticky out but very little quality.

I still think Mark has a lot to offer at 7. He’d be very natural at midfield too. I don’t think CF would work for him like others do

Barrett was good as well

2024 will be year 7 of Mark Coleman’s intercounty career, do ye think he is top level in the modern game?

Yes, I believe we do

Nah, physically too weak for the high end stuff.

1 Like

He hasn’t been right since G.Mul mentally destroyed him.

2 Likes

Mark Coleman = Ronan Lynch. Sorry lads

1 Like

Agreed, a lovely hurler but doesn’t have the minerals to be a top IC player

I believe Mark Coleman is the future for cork hurling & they should build the team around him

Coleman is poor under high ball. He was moved from half back as teams targeted him. He wont be back there at that level.

That moment was better than the all Ireland win for @thelimericks

Having been the laughing stocks for 40 years getting a good shove onto a fella below in PUC was a massive moment for ye physiologically. Gillane giving donoghue a dig into the stones set down the marker .

We wouldn’t begrudge it to them at all.

morning Dan