Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Quite a lot of the intercounty lads would use Sweeneys out of Kildorrery, tend to get a few of the Limerick lads too.

1 Like

Don’t know chief. Is he in the village?

1 Like

Fitzgeralds Araglin is the biggest hurley maker in Cork.

Either Newtown or Milford - Can’t remember exactly

1 Like

I asked one of the lads, he’s retired

1 Like

Milford

Will the county board reform the Senior championship if Glen are relegated?

If? Playing Kanturk out in Fermoy? They are fucked.

Sounds like cork city hurling is in an awful state

They have 3 Cork seniors. Surely have 1 performance in them.

3 Cork hurlers plus 12 mollockers doesn’t mean much. One of the Glen lads whining about Horgan/two Downeys having to do to much weight training for Cork over on PROC. :rofl:

I read that. Under desperate pressure now anyway.

Disagree. The current champions and favourites are the Barrs. Blackrock champions a couple of years ago and are serious contenders also. By a distance hurling is the city’s #1 sport - the only city in the country.

The Glen have been woeful this year but in no way should they be in a relegation playoff. They are very strong on paper and have reached 3 county finals in a row up to 2021 - beaten last year by Newtown due to Hoggy’s absence. The result to Bishopstown was a disgrace really.

However, hurling does seem to be waning somewhat on the Northside.
As I read somewhere recently, It does appear as if hurling is becoming a middle class sport in Cork - ‘suburbs’ (very loose here) like Douglas, Ballincollig, Midleton, Sars will all be very very strong (or continue to be) in the not too distant future.

The Mon becoming a sideshow in terms of Cork hurling schools is also symptomatic - CBC are way stronger in the Harty each year along with Midleton.

Nevertheless, Glen Rover’s demise is slightly exaggerated. I don’t think Hoggy will fuck off for a while, and if they do stay up I could see them being very competitive with a better set up.

2 Likes

The Glen are still playing premier grades at all the ages underage. They mightn’t have another Hoggy but they are not going too far away even if they go down.

BTW have they or when was the last time they played at intermediate/Junior?

Donal o Grady made a mess of hurling in the Mon when he split the schools up?

1 Like

Cork wont win an All Ireland again until Farranferris is reopened.

The Glen are competitive underage but don’t seem to be bringing much through. What happened to Luke Horgan?

They’ll win one before Tipp

were the Glen ever out of senior?

Douglas GAA Golf Classic €380… Three.Hundred.And.Eighty for a Team of 4

Club classics getting completely out of control

Costs getting higher and higher to run Clubs.

Have to raise funds somehow.