Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Not having that as an excuse. They’d be getting a seriously reduced green fee rate and between sponsor payments and also all prizes donated, they’d make a fortune off it. It’s a moneymaker rather than a fundraiser.

1 Like

Is it on in Douglas GC? The green fee there is only about €40 I’d say

Serves them right for being golfers

1 Like

By God

Not sure I’d agree re: the city as a whole. Have a look at the Premier groupings underage and it’s only Douglas in the top groups consistently. St. Finbarr’s and Glen are usually in one of Premier 1 or 2 - but not always - but after that there isn’t much of a city representation in hurling. Blackrock, in particular, look to be completely shite underage currently. NaP won an U-14 mid county against the illustrious Donoughmore recently, hardly impressive for a club that was senior last year.

The most recent Glen starlets underage - Horgan, Kennefick and O’Leary - never looked anything special imo.

Kennefick has been a very good club player tbf.

1 Like

The physicality around midfield is at an all time high. A natural midfielder like Darragh Fitz struggles with it. Not sure moving Coleman there is the wisest move.

3 Likes

Douglas, Mallow and St Michaels all finish on 2 points. Douglas and Michaels have the same scoring difference, for and against so looks like they will play a playoff next week to play Duhallow in the QF.

Was some v tight groups the format has worked well

Kanturk knocknagree and skibb all won 2 games so 4 pts each…knock won group on scoring difference +5…Kanturk and Skibb both +4 so Kanturk went through on h2h…

Great game between Castlehavrn and Clonakilty today. Clon keeper is class

Anyone heading to the big Glen Rovers v Kanturk game tomorrow? Should be a cracker.

1 Like

I ll head along. Kanturk left about 1-5 behind them frm frees agains the 'Barrs. If they tidy that up they have aright chance.

Glen relegated

3 Likes

Yes. What a great day. Glen relegated. Bring them down a peg or two. Horrible c*nts

Over the course of the championship you could measure how the glen are doing by the amount of children wearing glen jerseys in blackpool shopping centre. When they were in the final jerseys everywhere. None the last few weeks. They also appear earlier in the season if cork are out early.

1 Like

Have a bitta that ye cunts

I’m out of Cork a long time, but I always loved going up to the Glen, salt of the earth, a great club