Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

No, on the age last year.

1 Like

Is the sub keeper gone?

You have to trust Fitz and Coleman and that is it. You should probably drop Lehane and Hirgan for balance. Need a solid free taker though.

The lads on PROC giving me fecking mini-heart attacks about Alan Connolly having a possible injury.

Tipp heavy faves for this. We have two underage, Brosnan and Deane.

Has young Deane the potential to be good as his father ?
Tipp are strong - Murray no11 is the next big thing in Tipp hurling - Tobin no14 very good also.

1 Like

Deane is excellent for his age. This years minors are a poor bunch but Meyler has done an excellent job by all accounts. Next years group are very good.

1 Like

Funny, the lads on PROC seem to be saying the opposite re: Meyler.

Is Barrett U-16? Also supposed to be quality.

He is. I would take what those lads say with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

Looks suspiciously like rugby posts :thinking:

Meyler doesnt court popularity , not popular on PROC alright but that may be a good sign!

He came as close any recent senior hurling manager in Cork to landing a senior all ireland title when Cork and Limerick went to extra time in that all ireland semi final , only a brillant save from Nicky Quaid from Harnedy prevented a Cork victory in normal time

As good a man as any to be over the Cork minors

2 Likes

The most coherent Cork performance I can think of in a long time was the first 50 minutes against Limerick in 18’- it looks pretty good now.

What is the format of the Minor and U-20 in Munster hurling? Two through only to the Munster final?

2 v 3 in minor have a playoff

Top two straight through in 20s

1 Like

Watched the first half of the U-20s there. Seemed to be playing well within themselves and winning easy. Waterford were very poor. Ben Walsh was flying at midfield.

Will be interesting to see who we actually get out of that group of players. Healy is the closest to Harnedy we have had in years but Harnedy had a temperment that very few Cork hurlers have these days. Buckley is class. Haven’t paid much attention to @fenwaypark 's clubmate O’Sullivan but apprently he is very highly rated?

Very worrying about 6, O’Regan was all over the place. Where has Murnane? Looked ok at Minor.

Murnane has opted out I believe? Very bad hamstring injury.
Wilk will come in to that side in the HB line. Don’t think he’s a natural 6 though. Perhaps Tobin or Dwyer could move there. Good to see Cillian playing after a few tough years for him.
Ross O’Sullivan should be starting somewhere up front IMO. Being able to bring on himself, Barry Walsh and Adam O’Sullivan in the forwards is impressive depth.
Kevin Lyons and Darragh Sull looked sharp. Finn midfield had a good game. Tadhg O’Connell unusually quiet.

Overall a very hard game to judge. Cork looked slick enough at times but lost concentration at stages in the second half. Conditions were truly shocking, so hard to know where both teams are at.

1 Like

**The Cork Minor Hurling team to play Limerick in round two of the Munster championship at SuperValu Pairc Ui Chaoimh on Thursday 11th April has been announced;**​

1. Josh Goulding, Glen Rovers

1. Cian Denis O Connor, Millstreet

2. Rian O’Riordan, Blackrock

3. Liam Kelleher, Douglas, Captain

4. Kevin Beechinor, Eire Og

5. Conor Noonan, Kanturk

6. John Murphy, Mallow

7. Oisin O’Connell, Carrigaline, Vice-Captain

8. Jack Hegarty, Ballinora

9. Leo Hennessy, Ballymartle

10. Mark O’Brien, Douglas

11. Luke Murphy, Barryroe

12. Adam Lee, Cloyne

13. Joe Twohig, Valley Rovers

14. Michael Brosnan, Glen Rovers

15. Adam Lee, Carrigtwohill

16. Keenan Harrington, Ballinhassig

17. David Enright, Inniscara

18. Dean Cosgrave, Courcey Rovers

19. Cormac Deane, Killeagh

20. Conor O’Donoughue, St Finbarrs

21. Peter Barrett, Midleton

22. Fionn Lardner, Fermoy

23. Eoghan O Shea, Ballinhassig

Watched the Minors against Tipp, thought they showed good fight but looked a very workmanlike group besides a couple of the forwards like O’Brien, Brosnan and Lee.

As an aside, very strange to see your full-back replaced after one game, doesn’t reflect great on management tbh.

Being at home matters a lot for young lads but Limerick are supposed to be better than Tipp. Hopefully we get a draw and turn over Waterford/Clare.

Watched the Minor Limerick game, well deserved win. Brosnan and O’Brien are quality. Barrett and Lee have a touch of class. O’Connor at the back looks good.

The sweeper really hurt Limerick, Noonan was instrumental in a load of our scores.

Good win in fairness. Limerick have a few talented players but looked way too stuck to a rigid gameplan.
Cork have a few lovely forwards but probably lack hurling elsewhere.
I really really like Mark O’Brien and Brosnan up front. O’Brien was the standout for me last night. Barrett, Lee and Deane also look quality

I think both of these teams are a fair bit off Tipp though, but let’s see.