Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

We’ll see. Think this sums up last year’s team more in some ways with Walsh and O’Flynn. Perhaps this group is more well-rounded? Noteworthy the impact Barrett made off the bench.

This might be of similar quality to last year - good but not great.

They have a greater spread of scorers this year I think.

1 Like

Watched the U-20s. There is a real streak of complacency running through the side, some god awful handpassing and shite shooting. There is an obvious lack of quality in the backs with no O’Connor/Downey/Wilk. Lyons was caught all ends up for the goal and Tobin was lucky not to get taken off at HT - if we had any back up, he would definitely have been subbed.

On the other hand, he was spot on shoving that utter half-wit on the Clare sideline.

1 Like

Good to see a decent Mayfield representation on the Celtic Challenge panel.

Minor hurling possibly? Is there more info

DM that page.

Only Kingston and Cathal MacCarthy are out for Waterford game.

If the rumoured 15 is true then I am very concerned.

What is the rumoured 15?

Hardly be much different from the league teams?

2 Likes

Horgan, Lehane and Harnedy all starting.

Will Deccie Dalton make it?

It isn’t.

Unlikely, just back frokm injury.

It’s not, but that’s the problem.

1 Like

Lehane did start every league match (bar one, maybe?), it did look like the way it was heading.

I wouldn’t start him personally, you might get away with him inside because he obviously can score but, out the field, he hasn’t offered much in Championship in years. I think it would be either him or Hoggy inside.

I do rate Harnedy though, don’t think he’s played much in the league but, as of last year’s Championship, he was 100% in your top 6 best forwards. Probably top 3. He offers ballwinning ability, does work & can score.

Agree with all of that. Harnedy is essential - the other ball winning options up front don’t offer the same scoring that he provides.

Lehane has never been any good playing inside.

Lehane out with hamstring injury apparently.

Incredibly harsh on Eoin Downey, as expected. Not sure what the thinking is there.

Fitzgibbon in the wrong position. Coleman possibly the same. Lehane starting just sends the complete wrong message.

1 Like