Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Fair play to the genuine Cork fans that turned up in the Pairc tonight. Players deserve huge credit for the year they gave the fans. Homecomings of the defeated team always tough, players never want to be there obviously.
They deserve the support of their county every year though and fuck the bandwagoners who are happy to be there in good times.

3 Likes

I don’t think players or supporters enjoy the losing homecomings.

2 Likes

They’re a ball of shite

1 Like

They don’t, but when an event like this is organised, it is important to show appreciation for these guys.

They are amateurs who put everything on the line and gave us a great few months of excitement. They suffer plenty of cowardly abuse regardless, so important to stand by them in the tough times.

4 Likes

I’d agree nobody enjoys them, thats the point I was making. Good to appreciate effort of players though even if not in victory

Couldnt agree with u more. Well said

I don’t think the players want people there.

I don’t think players want to be there.

Players don’t need people being miserable on a Monday night to know they’re appreciated.

I’d say all they want is to be left alone.

4 Likes

Everyone hates them except young kids, who are excited to see the players regardless

2 Likes

That’s it. A lot of kids were not brought to the game. They were probably promised a chance to see the players tonight so it’s silly to cancel.

Losing is a part and parcel of life as well.

As we in Limerick know only too well.

Fool

1 Like

Watching the game back and a few things come to mind

Rob Downey has had a transformational season. Should win all star at 6. And his brother is very good too. 3 and 6 sorted for a decade.

Rolls Royce Joyce was very poor for the three goals. He’s definitely a tad overhyped. He struggled on every Clare player.

Ethan Twomey looks a very ordinary hurler - looked like a club player out there.

I’d agree on all of that. Still Joyce is only 22. Plenty of time. He done well on Hegarty in semi final. I’ve watched game back now and Joyce was terribly naive for first goal. Clare player McInerney plays a high lofted ball into the corner. No immediate danger. Downey is working his way back towards the pair so it is essentially 2 v 1. All Joyce has to do is bat it down to Downey and Cork come away. Instead he tries to catch which was the low % play and all of a sudden the game turns. Joyce ought to have known if that ball breaks with him and O Donnell, he is losing the battle for the breaking ball 9 times out of 10.

He brought nothing. Got in the way at times actually. Taking on pot shots from sideline. Get the ball to your shooters. I think O Flynn doubled on one down the line to him. Instead of bursting onto it at pace he ran ahead of it and turned back, then turned around again and tried a Hail Mary from the sideline. Still it was a hard game to come into. O Connell was brilliant when he came on. Won the free for Horgan to level it in normal time, won the free that Horgan put over to go one down in injury time of ET and also won the breaking ball for free at the death in his own full back line which Collins struck. If you had a heat map of his movements hed have covered every blade when you consider the locations he was winning the frees in. Had Cork won or got a draw out of it he’d have been the unsung hero for Cork.

Ethan Twomey is only 21. Things didn’t go his way but didn’t he miss an awful lot of hurling this season? He looks a fair size of a lad to me And will surely get only stronger as he fills out.

He always impressed me at 17s and 20s when I saw him.

A portion of that Clare team were made
Look bang average in 2022 v Kilkenny.

Tony Kelly didn’t have Many good games until yesterday. Things can change very quickly. I think the criticism of him is very harsh.

I thought he got caught out by cusack stand and Taylor flaked him. He was left on his own on the ground by all his team mates. That’s unforgivable for me. Particularly when it’s a young lad getting it.

After the Munster Final this year, Clare just seemed to adopt a devil may care attitude and it worked spectacularly.

Instead of trying to overthink things playing sweepers and getting match ups right. they just went out and hurled. And they have 7 or 8 absolutely brilliant players who all hit form together.

I said it on here after the Wexford match that i was impressed with them and it was the first time they’d really done that for me. They hurled with their heads as much as their hearts. They brought that to Croke Park then.

Lohan has totally won me over. What a leader. You’d go to war for him in a heartbeat.

11 Likes

Some of the most knowledgeable hurling men on TFK have been talking absolute nonsense about the Downey’s for years. They were shut up yesterday for good.

1 Like

There is an auld dope on here who called the final spectacularly wrong who used to compare him to Gareth Southgate

Dalo was saying earlier that Lohan told him he just let sports guy run things the way he wanted and felt they weren’t training hard enough but still didn’t interfere which sort of surprised me

Keep your opinions to yourself ya prick. We had a near 40 year gap.