Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

They could nearly do a where are they know type article on some of those 2013 Clare winners. Feels like 30 years ago since some of them played. I was just looking at Davy o hollaran there winning the under 21.

Were you in college with him?

Seadna Morey has now appeared in two All Ireland finals and Iā€™d say heā€™s played about five minutes total between them.

Heā€™ll be remembered for a long time for his performance in the minor final. Never really worked out for him at senior level but two senior medals is great going too.

Now that you say I think I recall reading about that alleged bias previously

I liked what I saw of Oā€™Connell in the league

TOC played well when he came on but was ordinary enough form wise for the majority of this year. Twomey looked good pre-concussion and is far from an ordinary hurler. Lads going over the top based on ten minute cameos in an extremely stressful situation.

4 Likes

After the Munster final I said Clare would win the AI.

It was just the manner of their performance and the defeat let me thinking that they would really have them fired up.

They were so poor on the day and deservedly beaten, but they still created a number of goal chances that they were unable to take.

I have seen them play brilliantly against Limerick before and lose and if you were a Clare player you might be thinking, what more can we do. But it was the manner of that performance had me feeling they would go away and sort it out. It was like their previous AI semi final performances on a Munster final day. The luck being now that they had a chance to fix it.

5 Likes

I canā€™t help but reply to your sheer idiocy

There was drink taken last night

Thereā€™s an awful amount of scar tissue with the Cork hurling team - not dissimilar to Mayo

Going right back to the 2018 semi final when 6 up and 10 mins left

Same players losing these games down the stretch. ROF went for goal with the Harnedy pass in 2018 semi when a point probably wins it for cork. His decision making 6 years later was equally poor.

6 Likes

I wasnā€™t no. But would have mutual friends.

Watching it back yesterday I thought he was very prominent alright.

What has become of Ger Millerick? 5 years ago he looked like a serious prospect as a really good out and out defender, hasnā€™t filled out or kicked in at all.

Iā€™m not a fan but Rob Downey had a very good game yesterday, won ball in many different ways.

Theyā€™ve lost two finals in a row to Clare. Outside of Kilkenny they havenā€™t lost two finals to the same county since Dublin in the 1920s.

So much for tradition being everything.

Clare only scored with 55 percent of their chances. Cork were leading 1-7 to 3 points and still lost.

The cork management will be having nightmares over this for a long time.

Millerick is a ball-player, not an out and out defender. He is like a bigger version of Conor Oā€™Sullivan from a decade ago. Lads with builds like that donā€™t put on much, if any, muscle.

Lads talking about replacing SOD or whoever else are delusional, Eoin Downey was by far our best back on the U-20 team. The best prospects otherwise are from midfield up - Healy, Mullins, Cunningham.

Wrong. He is an out and out defender.

4 Likes

Millerick has been dogged with injuries. He started against Waterford but there are a few who came out of that game fairly scathed. Mellerick being one. He lacks physicality and still looks like an U20 player. Cahalane hasnā€™t featured bar an enforced cameo against Limerick in PuiC. Sean Twomey from Courceys has been dropped entirely and Lehane surplus to requirements too. Tommy O Connell probably the most harshly treated. He was a ball of energy wheh he came on. He was Corks standout in the league. I think he can feel hard done by.

2 Likes

Roche was solid enough last year at midfield yet canā€™t crack the 26 - think it is half of the problem, fine depth of talent but all a bit similar/much of muchness, means lads can struggle to hold their place and develop/take their licks.

1 Like

The difference in bulk between SOD going off and Mellerick coming on was striking.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure management will have him straight into the full-back line next year then.