Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Wouldn’t rule out the medal chasers Imokilly, either.'Barrs have a few defensive weak links to go all the way. Couldn’t see anyone else tbh.

https://twitter.com/denis_hurley/status/1820933254779711802?s=46

What was the Clare opinion of Donal og cusack? @Big_Dan_Campbell @Raylan

Furlong is bad enough let alone that. Cork hurling truly buried.

Fairly well-gotten with the players iirc, but he was well happy to work off Davy’s template

1 Like

Yup, the players seemed to like him and asked for him to be kept when D&G took over which he did but then stepped down over the whole Tom Humphries thing.

Think he was seen as a players man and an easy enough man to deal with rather than a tactical genius or quality coach.

1 Like

My recollection was that he signed up on a two year term under Davy but then Davy left and then Moloney and O’Connor were obliged to retain him for Year 1 of their reign.

He had already left to take charge of the Cork Minors by the time the Tom Humphries debacle unfolded in October 2017.

Clare had some meltdown on puckouts in the closing stages of the first half v Tipperary in that years Quarter Final and much of the blame for it fell on Donal Og’s shoulders.

That’s shocking… Furlong nearly destroyed the senior set-up last time. He’s a prick of the highest Order by all accounts.

How did Donal og get back in with Rte after the Tom humphries thing ?

He is. Not liked at all either by players.

Donal Og didn’t abuse anyone. David Walsh the same.

They were ill advised to do it but committed no crime so what were RTE to do.

He’s definitely outspoken.

However he won a minor AI with a team playing super hurling.
In 2022, he wanted Cork to prioritise a few guys who are now the backbone of our senior team.

I’m not a fan of how he carried himself in 2022, but I feel he deserves a chance of sorts. We aren’t bursting out of the seams for alternatives.

It will be the first team in a fair few years that we will enter an u20 campaign not being one of the prime contenders.

Still usually rte dont go near
You after that sort
Of thing

Big fan of DOG but him and Furlong seems like a random duo, nevermind his previously shite stint as Cork Minor manager. Did they play together for Imokilly? Surely they’d have polar opposite views on the way the team should play?

Cork have replaced the Confederate flag with Derek

1 Like

Serious corkness on show with the rte news segment for the camogie final

When you think you’ve seen it all
… Donncha some man

2 Likes

Hopefully those cheating Midleton fucks are thrown out. A disgrace, the lot of them.

I know there has to be some administrative rules around transfers to America but in my opinion you should be allowed come back and play for your home club at any stage.

There was a case in Tipp a few years ago where someone came back from America one summer and was by all accounts 100% illegal technically to play against us in championship and we could have objected but at the end of the day that was his home club who he’d played for all his life and it would have been petty enough to make a big deal of it.

5 Likes

Is there anymore to it besides an admin error? 12 weeks seems excessive for an admin error. Fine the club and award the result of match in question to opposition for first offence. I dunno did they even win the game

They won by ten points.

1 Like