Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

They did win

And I’d say Charlie like would be delighted with that outcome and keep quirke available for the other group games :joy:

2 Likes

back in the 1990s in the kerry senior hurling championship , many a club was flying someone home from the States to play! Not J1 lads either but lads that were living over there for a few years

There was one lad who was living in the States for years and playing there and came home near every year. No club ever objected. He was a fine hurler and a sound man. No one ever really said too much about it and when it was broached, the general reaction was sure you d only look a bollix to be objecting to that sound man that loves coming home hurling for his parish

8 Likes

But I assume those lads didn’t transfer out and back in each year. Just stayed as members of their Kerry clubs - so no issues in that regard.

Now there is a good chance they played illegally in the states but that’s another argument :smile:

In the case I mentioned I cant see how the paperwork could have stacked up!

no one ever went down an objection route anyways. You would get chatter, pub discussion around it. no one was remotely interested in an objection to be honest

1 Like

Its a complete bullshit rule made and enforced by the red faced fat turkeys who are all about their meeting minutes and the comm-eat-tea. Sooner that generation fuck off and kick the bucket the better.

4 Likes

Stupid enough from a Midleton point of view, they’d have won without him. Harsh enough on the young fella himself seeing as he missed last year with an injury

The way it should be. Lads should be left come and go. Its amateur and a hobby. If lads get a few quid playing in America, more luck to them.

6 Likes

[quote=“fenwaypark, post:7702, topic:29471, full:true”]
The way it should be. Lads should be left come and go. Its amateur and a hobby. If lads get a few quid playing in America, more luck to them.
[/quo

Kevin Kehily RIP

2 Likes

was a good one by all accounts, tough football full back, think he was a physical trainer with the hurlers at one stage?

My old lad always says Kehily was the hardest cork player he has seen

100 percent correct. It’s one of the weirdest rules of all time.

Some hammering Skibereen took yesterday. Some fall from grace.

And they had won their first round :person_shrugging:

Against?

Fermoy …who must be v bad…but the result would suggest they were competitive enough with dohenies who I thought were decent

I’d say there is 3 decent teams and the rest are equally mediocre

Kanturk should win that.

Hurling might catch up with them. Knocknagree are a serious outfit

himself and the bomber had some great tussles I am told

I read Kehily played senior football for Cork from 1969 to 1984 but didnt play in 1973 the year they won the all ireland owing to study committments! jez that was bad luck

How did end up the physical trainer to the Cork hurlers 3 in a row team of the 1970s while still one of the main men on the football team?

Happy birthday JBM.

https://twitter.com/deirdrebm/status/1826608575248052415?t=ErNdzQAzZYvJU6leFJUotA&s=19

3 Likes