Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Beach patrols

Did Pamela Anderson do her cruciate ??

I donā€™t believe so

Good soccer player aswell

@fenwaypark - where are Millerick and Dalton? Injured again?

Lovely cracklely behind the scenes footage of the weekend of the 1999 All Ireland hurling final here. About 18 minutes in is the on pitch celebrations, heā€™s swinging the camera around capturing it allā€¦ JBM, the Banks, Frank Murphy, as Mickey Oā€™Connell says in the background, out-fucking-standing.

1 Like

Corkness injected into the fucking veins :clap:

Last couple of minutes, Cork a point up.DJ kicks for goal from close range. Somehow Cusack gets his ankle behind it and it goes out for a 65. Unbelievably no 65 given by the stupid umpire. Cork go on to win by a single point.

It was a dirty day for hurling 13-12 the score.

Jim Forbes, Jim Cronin, Mick Dolan, Fred Sheedy all featured sadly no longer with us.

2 Likes

Stop ya fuck!! Still bitter over that result. Landersā€™ speech, fuckin cunt

Drove us on to better things maybeā€¦

1 Like

Cork have had a break or two in all ireland finals in that regard e.g. ger cunningham split open in 1990 saving Martin Naughton shot yet umpire waves wides!!

1 Like

great footage, JBM looks as fit as some of the players. surrounded himself with serious legends in his back room team - Johnny Crowley, Seanie Leary, Tom Cashman

was Donal Oā€™Grady coaching too?

2 Likes

An awful match, but it was my favourite All Ireland on a personal level, a few lads that I grew up with and was teammates with winning their first All Ireland, nobody have them a chance at the start of summer, great celebrations

1 Like

in fairness, there was a bunch of players who had been successful at minor and under 21

there was raw material , and Brian Corcoran

True, many had achieved some underage and colleges success, but they were bullied by Clare in 98 and it was felt they were a couple of years away at least, teams with an age profile like that hadnā€™t won many if any hurling all Irelandā€™s till then

JBM said in his address to the cork crowd on grand parade that it was the youngest team ever to win an ireland, is this correct?

No, thereā€™s been many All Ireland won by Minor Teams

1 Like

last of the comedians you are

Quite a few U21s too.