Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Big difference between a 10 year old having to play 13s and a 17 year old having to play 20s.

Use your brain

1 Like

Demographics ??

Yeah they are. I’d say more like Russell Rovers can’t field every year than anything else. It’s a small club.

The better hurlers are from Dungorney alright. I’m with the u14s since they were 6 and of the 6/7 best players on the team one is Castlemartyr, one will play for Castlemartyr but went to school in Ballintoutis and the rest wear the sash. And they’re very good, unreal seeing their talent throughout the years and seeing it flourish.

2 Likes

Yep, they’re called St Colmans.

Would it not be a bit strange for these lads, all of a sudden playing for castlemartyr having never togged for them?

Some disaster for Nemo.

Ah they’d be all togged out in red when Castlemartyr are playing Intermediate, but it was a great decision nearly 20 years ago to bring the parish together underage, both clubs wouldn’t have the numbers.

Why not go all the way and join up fully?

Castlemartyr is growing all the time, there’s a good few estates gone in there

Glen Rovers needed to field U15s to win a Premier minor title. I suspect the vast majority of minor sides do likewise. Almost U20 like in age span you could say.

The two teams joining up was akin to Limerick and Tipp coming together for underage. Took over ten years before any suspicion would have subsided. Both clubs have a bitter rivalry at senior level.

I know sure, we’d a fella from dungourney wouldn’t pass to castlemartyr fellas

You could say that but then you’d be an idiot

Hit a nerve did I?

Yes. Yes there is.

1 Like

What U-15 played for the Glen Minors? Fairly sure that isn’t allowed anymore.

1 Like

That fella wouldn’t lie straight in a bed

@fenwaypark is there no U-20 club championship this year?

What do you mean? Its definitely allowed in general unless they as a club have a rule against it

Depending on what you consider “Minor”

If you consider u17 Minor then it’s OK

An u15 hurler cannot play u19 though, so if you’re calling u19 Minor then I think it’s illegal