Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

I was at an intermediate final where Delaneys beat Carrigtwohill, after a replay I’m sure. 2001? The Egans played that year, three of them

They still field two adult teams in both codes as far as I know,
Delanys are a grand club but with they were always relying on a few families, that 90s team had John O’Driscoll at full back, played championship for Cork, but with a club like the Glen on your doorstep you’ll always lose a portion of your best, but they have a decent underage structure

1 Like

ah jesus charlie was a sound man - he used to get awful abuse off the cobh crowd but one of the soundest guys you could have as a ref
my dad was reffing then too and was almost chairman of the east cork board at one stage
the gold watch tournament - that some blast from the past - they were serious games fenway

2 Likes

Good question, too many golden boys left hold on for too long is one part of the reason
Dopey county board, dinosaurs
Chop change chop change management
These are but a few in my estimation, of course I might be a million miles away

You are right, about 8 years later than they should have won it.

2 Likes

There’s talent there without doubt watched a rake of matches mostly intermediate/ challenge’s up to this crap , even on wet shite nights creams comes to the top, but there’s chasms of difference in done matches do definitely we’re in a not too good a place

Feck who’d be a GAA ref

City teams are gone miles back. Glen the best and their average. Pairsaigh looked promising but have made no impact. Barrs, rockies extremely mediocre.

1 Like

I would think that is huge .

Yep

Cork clubs record in munster club is shocking. Apart from Newtowns spell have hardly been competitive.

1 Like

well fielding 2 teams in both codes suggests they not as banjaxed as set out above

I played as a guest for Redmonds in hurling once!

No Patrick Horgan in Martin Breheny’s top 20 Cork hurlers of the last 50 years. :flushed:

I see the cork hurlers not happy with playing a few championship games for their clubs in August. As far as I know cork not out in championship until October 24th. Talk about turning the genuine gaa supporter against them. Unbelievably bad move on their part.

Madness or bias

On my part or the players part?

Kieran O’Connor :pensive:

1 Like

Terribly sad news. RIP.

3 Likes

RIP