Cork Minor Hurlers & Footballers 2010 Thread

Should have a decent enough hurling team, particularly up front - I’m imagine Nicky Kelly (Mayfield), Conor Lehane (Midleton), Jamie Coughlan (Newtown) and Brian Hartnett (Russell Rovers) will make up our attack, while Shane Sheerin (Newtown), is also supposed to be on the panel. Haven’t seen Kelly or Sheerin play, but the other three are very skillful, piles of speed if a bit light.

Backs wouldn’t be as strong, Christopher Joyce (Na Piarsigh), Finbarr O’Mahony (Midleton) and Roger Ryan (B’Town) are left over from last year, Dylan Stokes (Blackrock) and Darren Sweetnam (Samuel Maguires) are also supposed to be on the panel.

I’d guess at half the team:

McCarthy (Carrigtwohill, I think stilll underage)

Roger Ryan Finbarr O’Mahony ???

??? Christopher Joyce ???

Darren Sweetman ???

Conor Lehane Nicky Kelly ???

Brian Hartnett ??? Jamie Coughlan

Know sweet fuck all about the footballers.

:lol:

:ph34r:

Football is handy enough, but Kerry are very strong. They are preparing better these days for the football. Our star 16 year old played with the Minors saturday against Kildare. Kildare won by 4 or 5, but Cork were missing any hurlers and vocational players. Must have been short if our guy was playing, he’s a bit of a special player, but is very young, and small and light, he won’t make it this year. Having seen a couple of players though through the U-21 this year i wouldn’t be holding out much hope, they are going for massive massive guys, but some of them are average “footballers”. Can’t understand the thinking, cos when things even up at an older age these guys get found out.

Whats the name of that young fellow Kev, I’ll have to watch out for him…

Team versus Clare - stolen from RebelGAA.

W. McCarthy C’tuohill
D. Lester B’town
J Goggins Barrs
?
K Buckley NP
F O’Mahony Mid
C Joyce NP
D Sweetnam Sam Maguires
A Gould Knsale
C Lehane Mid
S O Keefe Rockies
S Moore Mid
J Coughlan NTS
M Howard Passage
B Hartnett Russel Rovers

Lester was on the panel last year I think, any Goggins from the Barrs can’t be too bad, and I know Howard is highly rated.

So apparently this is the hurling panel:

Shane Sherrin (Newtown)
Willie McCarthy (Carrigtwohill)
Gary Minihane (Courcey Rovers?)
Diarmuid Lester (B’Town)
Roger Ryan (B’Town?)
Darragh O’Carroll (Fermoy)
Colm Spillane (Castlelyons)
Tom McGuinness (Tracton)
Patrick O’Mahony (Midleton)
Christopher Joyce (Na Piarsigh)
Dylan Stokes (Blackrock)
Darren Sweetnam (Sam Maguires)
Alan Gould (Kinsale)
Chris Buckley (Clyda Rovers)
Nicky Kelly (Mayfield)
Conor Lehane (Midleton)
Brian Hartnett (Russell Rovers)
Stephen Moore (Midleton)
Jamie Wall (Kilbrittain)
Brien Murray (B’Town)
Dara Ring (Cloughduv)
Jamie Coughlan (Newtown)
Calvin Healy (The Glen)
Kevin Sheehan (???)
Keith Buckley (Na Piarsigh)

Astounded there is only one from Blackrock or Mallow, 2 excellent teams at U-16 in recent years. Couple of football clubs there as well. That Buckley fella from Piarsaigh is an outstanding hurler and footballer, as are Jamie Coulghan and Dara Ring.

Should be a decent team, as alot of the vocs have been doing very well. Expect Waterford, Tipp and Limerick all to have handy teams as well.

Team to face Clare:

1. Dave Hanrahan Douglas
  2. Derek Crowley Clann na Gael
  3. Sean O’Se Adrigole
  4. David O’Donavon Nemo
  5. Tom Clancy Clonakilty
  6. Darragh O’Carroll Fermoy
  7. Matthew O’Shea Beara
  8. Damien Cahalane Castlehaven
  9. Jamie Burns St. Finbarrs
  10. John O’Rourke Carbery Rangers
  11. Alan Cronin Nemo
  12. Conor O’Sullivan Clyda Rovers
  13. Brian Hurley Castlehaven
  14. Dan McEoin Ilen Rovers
    15 Tom Hegarty O Donavon Rossa

That is a truly astounding post in its stupidity.

If you are going to start a topic then at least know something about it, and not do it for effect to show that you are interested in underage GAA.

Surely to Jaysus there is a Cork GAA thread that this could be posted in?

Just ignore this thread then - why even fucking complain? Or are you one of these sad bastards who has to put everyone else down in an attempt to make up for his own shitty little life?

Naturally, this is a thread for people interested in the Cork Minor Hurlers/Footballers e.g. myself and Kev. Implying this thread is a waste, and then posting in it, is pointless. Why even bother?

I posted in it pal to show my dissatisfaction - get with it.

Anyway, I’ll leave it there. I wouldn’t want to disturb the discussion of teams’ chances where you don’t know any of the actual players.

I apologize for failing to scout out every minor hurler in Cork county in advance of this thread, while Kev has the knowledge of the footballers as I knew he would.

But yes you pointless miserable cunt, do fuck off.

:lol:

B)

Saw Kilkenny play Cork in a minor challenge in Nowlan Park this evening. Kilkenny won a high scoring, high quality game by a couple of points.
Cork look to be a good team though. Quick in the forwards, tidy hurlers around the middle but a bit slow in the full back line. They’d want to stop this short puckout craic. Our lads got a couple of handy scores from them.
Also, the Cork team was way bigger than Kilkenny, and the subs that came on for them in the second half were fuckin massive. What are ye feeding them down there?

Thanks for the summary Piles - any stand-out players for Cork? Presuming Kilkenny were still short the Kieran’s lads.

Bit suprised to hear about the sizes of the players, last year’s team was pretty small compared to Tipp, bar our enormous full-back. There is a few rugby players on the panel though, Dylan Stokes, Darren Sweetman, possibly Luke Cahill as well.

This is a shocking thread in all fairness

:stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t get any names of the Cork players Turenne, there were no programs or team sheets going around but the half back line was impressive. Numbers 12 to 14 were the best of the forwards for ye, particularly 12 who turned and burned his man a few times.
The Kierans lads were there. It was a very good game with little or nothing to choose between the sides.

Thanks - 12 was almost certainly Conor Lehane from Midleton, incredibly fast, presumebly 13 was either Coughlan (played for Newtown against Thurles and Ballyhale earlier in the year) or Kevin Hartnett’s youngest brother Brian Hartnett, tiny fellow but again very fast. All three played last year in the two games against Tipp, would be expecting big things from them this year.