Cork Minor Hurlers & Footballers 2010 Thread

The Cork Minor teams are indeed huge. Have only seen a handful of the hurlers, but going by Piles description they are not throwing skill for brawn, something that certainingly happens in football to a degree.

Piles - Young fellas are just bigger these days, FACT. The average height has risen recently in Ireland, not sure of the exact increase or indeed the average, but i do remember hearing about it.

From what i know of that Cork Minor Football team its a very decent outfit.

1. Dave Hanrahan Douglas
  2. Derek Crowley Clann na Gael
  3. Sean O’Se Adrigole
  4. David O’Donavon Nemo
  5. Tom Clancy Clonakilty
  6. Darragh O’Carroll Fermoy
  7. Matthew O’Shea Beara
  8. Damien Cahalane Castlehaven
  9. Jamie Burns St. Finbarrs
  10. John O’Rourke Carbery Rangers
  11. Alan Cronin Nemo
  12. Conor O’Sullivan Clyda Rovers
  13. Brian Hurley Castlehaven
  14. Dan McEoin Ilen Rovers
    15 Tom Hegarty O Donavon Rossa

I highlighted some of the guys who i’ve seen and are serious players. A massive West Cork presence on that team, which reflects where its at in underage football at the moment. Dan MacEoin is a standout guy, for his size as much as anything, he’s huge, in a Colin Corkery way, but a serious player who can kick off both feet easily. He’s underage next year, as are all but one of the subs.

One thing though, they have gone for footballers, and have not gone for size. They also have called up a number of the U17 squad, so it shows they are going with an open mind and the best players.

farmerinthecity, I’m loathe to ever agree with anything you ever type because mostly its bullshit but this is top notch, and if I were inclined to include smilies in my posts I would be including one here and now.

I’d have gone for:

Murphy
Crowley
McCarthy
O’Mahony
O’Sullivan
O’Driscoll
Hurley
O’Leary
Horgan
Hartnett
Buckley
Creedon
Cawwwwlan
Cahalane
O’Donovan

Subs: Sheehan, O’Regan, Kelleher, Cotter, O’Keeffe, McCarthy, McCarthy, McCarthy, MacCarthy

Dowcha bie. Douwcha.

:pint: :clap: :smiley:

O’Callaghan, McAuliffe, Fitzgerald, Fitzgibbon, Ahern, Daly, Dineen, Flynn, Foley, Gould, O’Connell, O’Cronin, O’Connor, O’Riordan, Sheehan and Twomey are unlucky not to make this squad.

Fuck off you cunt Maher, thats not a Cork name.

TFK exclusives Galway and Tippp minor teams just in:

Galway:
Comer
Joyce
Donnellan
Conneely
McDonagh
O’Flaherty
Fahy
Burke
Mannion
O’Domhnaill
De Paor
Bhreathnach
Fallon
Colleran
Lydon

Tipp:
Ryan
Ryan
Maher
Ryan
Ryan
Keating
Ryan
Ryan
Doyle
Ryan
Ryan
Wall
Ryan
Stakelum
Ryan

Mulcahy can count himself very unclucky not to make the squad.

I’ve never seen him play but he’s a very fast young fellow apparently.

Sorry Kev,

Bertie’s da was a Cork man, he is a Cork hurling fan.

Originally, Ó hEachthighearna meant “lord of the horse”. The family were said to be descended from Echtigern who was a brother of the High King of Ireland, Brian Boru. They were of the Dalcassians, an important sept in the area between Sixmilebridge and Limerick in County Clare, east of the Owenogarney River which flows past Bunratty Castle.
In 1151, five chieftains of the Uí Echthigrirn family were killed in a bloody battle at Móin Mhór near Mourne Abbey. They were mostly driven out of the area by the MacNamaras in about 1318 and do not appear again in concentrated force until the 16th century in East Cork where they seem to have become professional soldiers in the service of the Norman lords, particularly Lord Roche and the Fitzgeralds of Desmond.

If the Germans are Fritz and the English are Tommy, then Cork would surely be Finbarr.

Sprinters make the best bobsleighers!

I’d drop 3 Ryans and replace them with McGrath, Leahy and O’Dwyer

:lol:

Hard not to notice that, sweet fuck all from East cork, only a few from the city. I assume the Cronin from Nemo is some relation to Martin and Alan?

Dublin team named

Macker
Joxer
Whacker
Tommo
Decco
Steo
Jayo
Mono
Blip
Bud
Whelo
Damo
Mondo
Fortycoats
Bang Bang

Tough on Berno…

Anto will be seething.

He only joined the panel because he heard they were giving out free gear, he got his tracksuit and boots the first night training and hasn’t been seen since.

Ya, I heard he was disgusted when he found out “gear” meant training equipment and not smack.

I was trying to be more subtle.

Ya, I wasn’t sure. No harm to hammer home the point that all dubs are junkie scum*

*except for Bertie Ahern, Hero of the nation.