Cork Minor Hurlers & Footballers 2010 Thread

[quote=“The Runt, post: 454298”]
Ya, I wasn’t sure. No harm to hammer home the point that all dubs are junkie scum*

*except for Bertie Ahern, Hero of the nation.[/quote]

That’s the Cark blood in him.

Ya 9 from west Cork is alot. Don’t think Cronin is any relation, but open to correction. I think in fact he was robbed from Carrigtohill, so that could be the token East Cork guy in fact. :smiley:

A lot of the guys this year are actually from southside rugby backgrounds and you’ve got the nicknames wrong. Deco likes to be called the Deconator. Steo calls himself the Shagmeister general. Whelo is “Wheels”, after the car he got for his 18th last month. Mono is “The Monster”. You’ve also left out the Cormatron - corner forward last year and full back on St. Michael’s Schools Cup team this year. And what about Redser - he changed his name to Redders at 12 years of age when his parents bankrupted themselves to send him to 'Rock.

Hard to argue with any of this, esp considering Ross O Carroll from Stillorgan is now playing with Dublin.

Ah there you have it, I knew they nicked some young fella from Carrig.

RE: Mallow not having many on the Minor Hurling panel, I’d imagine Yassin Browne wouldn’t be far off if he wasn’t on the U-18 Irish schools rugby panel.

The nicknames tangent has turned this into a great thread.

Greatness breeds greatness wtb. You can sure a number of future star hurlers and footballers who’ll win All-Irelands have been mentioned in this thread. Ye’ll all remember where ye were when ye first heard about the great Dan McEoin, or indeed the great Yassin Browne, and ye’ll remember the craic we had which Sid started off.

Yassin Browne? Sounds like a mixture of Cork and Palestine? Neither a hurling stronghold these days of course, unless it’s hurling stones at the IDF.

The IDF have had a physical edge there for years. The Palestinians have the tradition though.

Mickee brought him back as a present when he came home for christmas.

Us Rebels stick together don’t you know.

Cork 1-9 Clare 0-9 FT.

Doesn’t exactly bode well for the future.

Kerry 1-12 Tipp 2-07.
Tipp got the 2 goals at the death.

So basically the semi’s…

Kerry vs. Limerick

Cork vs. Clare/Waterford or Tipperary

Semi with Tipp presumebly.

You shoulda been there, really dont know how cork won this.

from corks 1-9. Brian Hurley (castlehaven) 1-05. Daniel McEoin Ilen Rovers 0-04. Two very tidy free takers.

from clares 0-9 Aidan Malone (kilfenora) 0-03. Padraig Collins (cratloe) 0-02 . Tony Kelly (clondegad) 0-01. Niall Hickey (kilmurray Ibricken) 0-03.

MOM Padraig collins (sean collins brother was by far the best player on the field)

Your some tool sometimes. Firstly its a direct insult to Clare to say what you said, who knows how good their team was. Secondly anyone with any cop on at all knows the first round of the Minor championships are a total lottery. Remember, its the first time ever that this (or any team) would have played championship together. When Cork won the All-Ireland Minor football in 2000 & hurling in 2001 they were absolutely cat at the start of both campaigns. Its all about getting through the first round.

Talking to someone at the game they said Cork finished very well, Clare were a better “team”, as in their inter linking and passing was better, but Cork had the better individuals, and that Damien Cahalane turned the game for them. he also said the sending off was very harsh,

Is he speaking the truth there FoF?

The Clare team have only been training for 6 weeks, had sweet fuck all trials and missed a lot of the best players in the county (these are words from the mouth of a Clare man btw) - oh and its FUCKING CLARE.

Evidently McEoin and Hurley got all the scores.

Langers are funny.

What was the score with 5-10 minutes to go? I understand we finished very strongly and basically stole the game.

I heard a couple of weeks ago from my inside sources that the selection for that minor team was a complete joke. Some crazy shit went on.